One small step = one giant leap

Options
NH_Norma
NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
BIG day for me! I got my treadmill time at the company gym tonight! I have often wanted to go there (it's inside, it's free, it's right there!), but never actually did anything in there. I have even gotten my workout clothes on and walked in, and walked right back out again. I have a fear that people from work, who see me as intelligent, decisive, etc will think less of me if they see me gasping for air doing what most of them would consider a warm up, or if they see me trying to figure out how to turn the damn machine on (whatever I would choose to use). Today, I decided I didn't care and I marched in and started the treadmill before I could change my mind. I put on my headphones and nobody gave me a glance except to wave on their way out when they finished. HUGE breakthrough for me!

Replies

• benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I bet you feel SO great for it, too! You're amazing! :)
  • togienurse
    togienurse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's great! good accomplishment.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Too cool. :)
  • michellechawner
    Options
    This is what I need to do... but alas, we have no company gym, but I feel the same way you do - always wondering what others with think, yet as work i'm sassy, smart, quick to jump in with both feet and assist... yet I get tired after WALKING a mile.

I'm proud of you for just getting out there and doing it!
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You confidence is increasing, and that is a really big deal. Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!