At Goal Weight!!

Options
RaeN81
RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
Okay, so I've been working on these pounds since about the beginning of June and I am down 34 pounds!!! Today, at weigh-in I was pleasantly surprised. I am at my goal weight: I'm 5'8 and 147 pounds on a largish build (broad hips and shoulders). I'm right around the middle for a healthy BMI and I just bought myself a little black dress to celebrate (medium!) Just had to share the news here and send out a great big thank-you to this supportive community.

Replies

• gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thats so awesome! And I'm sure you're a show stopper in your LBD!!
  • alyssaphbic
    Options
    Congrats!
    I am about the same height and and at your start weight and i want to get down to the weight you are at right now! What are some tips you have to accoplish this?
    Again congratulations, that is amazing!
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm excited for you!!! I'm 5' 7.5" and want to weigh 145 :) and you're there!! Way to go! I've got 20 pounds to lose and you've spurred me on!
  • heatypablo
    Options
    Awesome... congratulations!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am hoping to be at my goal by the end of winter, if not sooner. I am the same height as you and aiming for 150 right now. 23 pounds to go! Love this sight and all the new people I have met here!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Thats Awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!! =)
  • charisma4utmind
    Options
    Congrats!
  • ErinK27
    Options
    Yeah!! Congratulations!!! Really take a moment & look back on what you've just accomplished & all the hard work you've done!!! Good job & remember that if you put your mind to it, you can do anything:)
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    OMG RAE I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! way to go lady! Will you stick around and maintain? I am curious to see that journey as well. Man I am so proud of you and so happy for you!
  • FoxyD
    FoxyD Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT!!! Success stories are awesome and I hope to be one too. Congrats!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful. Great job. I'm also kind of on maintanance but am trying to shave off a few more pounds and drop from a size 10 to an 8. I'm right in the middle of the BMI too -- but would like to be on the lower end. I am going to see how I feel in the next few months. In the meantime, I like to be active on MFP.

It's nice to show people early in their journey that others have met their goals! (I went from a 18W to a 10 -- slowly over an 8 year period by changing my food portions.)

You have done very, very well! Feel great about what you have achieved!
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Well done xxx
  • BayleeGirl
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm so impressed you did it that quick! thats awesome!!
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Excellent stuff well done on your achievement :-)
  • RaeN81
    Options
    No real tricks....Eat less, move more. For me, it was all about motivation: I really did this as an extention of my faith--to honour God with my body. I learned alot through the process and will continue to learn as I strive to maintain and acheive further fitness goals. I hope you have fun with it and allow yourself grace for the bad days!
  • RaeN81
    Options
    OMG RAE I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! way to go lady! Will you stick around and maintain? I am curious to see that journey as well. Man I am so proud of you and so happy for you!

Thanks Karen, the way you work out, you'll be joining me shortly!
    I am going to stick around for a while to maintain, but I'll be fazing out inputting all of my food choices and moving into more fitness goals like the C25K challenge. I'll probably let a few more pounds come off if they want to, but my focus will change. I like the community aspect of this site, so I'll probably log on just for that encouragement and support!
  • ndm531
    ndm531 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Terrific! I joined TOPS in August and have enjoyed the support. Not really following their program - I am more of a calorie counter, not an exchange counter. Our group just got started in July, so we have a lot to learn. I will love reporting to the group your success.
    Nicky
  • saimabhaidani
    saimabhaidani Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!
  • davebarron
    Options
    Wow you are really inspiring me to keep going with that magic phrase "At Goal Weight". Thanks and congratulations!
  • RaeN81
    Options
    Terrific! I joined TOPS in August and have enjoyed the support. Not really following their program - I am more of a calorie counter, not an exchange counter. Our group just got started in July, so we have a lot to learn. I will love reporting to the group your success.
    Nicky

I could never really wrap my head around the exchange system--I like the simplicity of calories in, calories out too! We all take turns teaching the program section and I actually taught about calorie counting. The support and encouragement is important for success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!