Shin pain

Options
Not sure if this the right spot for this, but im really overweight and last week i was doing my normal mile walk during my lunch break and i made the dumb choice to wear crap shoes to work that day and afterwords my left shin was hurting, im assume its a shin splint?

Its been a week and it still hurts all though it doesnt feel as bad, but i feel so damn lazy keeping off of it so it can heal, i was just rubbing it and i noticed when i move my foot up and down simulating a step i can feel something, the muscle or tendents i guess? moving up and down and it seems like its really tight, my right shin has no such feeling, do you think i should see my dr or does this just have to heal on its own?

Thanks for any words
Brian

Replies

• Life0fbrian
    Life0fbrian Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well that was buried fast.
  • ItsAnIllusion
    ItsAnIllusion Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When i had an issue with shin splints, I started doing stretches for my calf muscles, iced them, and got calf sleeves to wear.

If yours is acute, I would say to ice and stretch. Tight calf muscles can contribute to shin pain.
  • sraywoods
    Options
    Hi Brian,
    I went through this last spring. I have to say that shin splints are terrible. I honestly had to quit walking for about 3 weeks before it started to heal. At first I did not know what what going on so I just kept walking, but by the time I was a mile into it I would start to hurt so bad that I had to stop and rest for a while. I started doing stretches and I would use ice as well. Other than that, and using a wrap, you kind of just have to wait it out. Good luck :smile: