30 day Shred...quick results?

jdbrown
jdbrown Posts: 5
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been reading up on the 30 day Shred and I was actually thinking about starting it myself since it is on demand this month. I see alot of people saying that you will be sore but what about the results? For those of you that have done it in the past and those that are currently doing this workout about how long does it take for you to see results if you are watching what you and doing the workout? 4 days? 8 days? I'm just curious.

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    You need to be realistic when it comes to your progess. It's a 30 day program, which is not that long. If you follow the program, and monitor your eating, you will see results in the 30 days, or sooner.
  • rokikio
    rokikio Posts: 92
    After a few days you will notice a difference and I don't mean body wise but stamina wise. It is extremely hard the first few days but than all of a sudden you can actually get through the work out and feel great about it. That's my sign that it's working!
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    I just completed the Shred about 2 weeks ago. Don't except to see results that soon. It's only 30 days long and the exercise is only 20 minutes a day, that's very minimal. You will FEEL stronger and have more endurance, but as for appearances, I didn't see much - just some toning and firming and my arms/shoulders definitely got more muscle. It's no miracle DVD, now I wish I had supplemented it with extra cardio or something. I wouldn't except to SEE results very soon, but you should FEEL them.

That being said, I didn't have much weight to lose, so I may not be the best person to ask. I still think it is very worth it, if anything, it is very mentally and emotionally rewarding (don't skip any days!) and you feel feel stronger and faster if nothing else! :)
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    It's really difficult the first few days--especially if you're not really in shape to begin with! I did see a few inches of loss after the first 10 days or so of the program. I find that I get just as good of a workout (calorie wise!) with Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout as I do with 30DS and I don't want to cry when I'm finished with it.
  • I find that 30 day shred is a great fall back workout for me because it is only 20 minutes long and it actually makes you sweat like you've been at the gym for an hour. There aren't crazy weird exercises. Jumping jacks, running in place, crunches, squats, some use of weights...easy enough right? Well, yeah...you are sore after doing it the first few times. It is pretty sad but I had to pause it twice the first couple times. I got better as I went on with it. I am pretty out of shape obviously! Anyway, I measured myself the first time I bought the DVD and I measured myself after 3 weeks of doing the workout 4 times each week. The change I saw was that I lost a whole inch off my stomach! I am one to fall off the diet and exercise bandwagon time quite a bit but I was thinking of digging out this DVD and starting again soon. It was perfect timing for you to post this! Guess I will start tonight! Good luck to you! Let me know what YOU think of it!
  • Thank you all. I'm not expecting to see a drastic change because being realistic I know that it is going to take some time to get rid of the weight, but I was just curious about how effective the workout is.. thats all.
  • Thanks. I will let you knoe how it goes. :happy:
This discussion has been closed.