Critique my food diary

Options
I have been tracking my food for the last week and would like any input. Due to insulin resistance and PCOS, I need to limit my carbs to 100 per day and increase protein. Are there any specific things you see that I am doing wrong or am I on the right track? I know my fat intake is higher than suggested, but it seems to come from good fats mostly.

I have lost 7 lbs in the past 7 days!

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks pretty good to me :) If its working for you and it's something you can stick with then I don't see why you should change anything. 7 lbs in 7 days probably means you lost water weight too. I dropped weight fast (water weight) when I first started but now I'm at 1 to 3 pounds a week. As long as the scale numbers are going down I'm happy! Cheers to the great start though!
  • STC1188
    STC1188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Actually looks pretty good tbh. If you could change anything, I would cut down on fat and add more protein. If doing strength training, would definitely drop fat and add protein.

But otherwise, probably better than 90% of people out there. Keep it up. And the 7lbs was almost assuredly water weight (especially with the low carb trend).
  • jmleffler
    jmleffler Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Looks good. Your balance of macros are better than the MFP default numbers. Don't worry about the higher fat too much, as long as it's not a really high level of saturated fat you will be golden.

As long as this is a routine you can stick with, then keep it going! Dont expect the same rate of weight loss to continue though, after an initial period it will slow down a bit, but be patient and know that you are doing the right thing.

Adding in some form of exercise will be beneficial too, but isnt necessary for weight loss, just for fitness and to allow you to eat a little more should you start to feel that this intake is getting a little low.

:drinker: