Zombie to 5k

Options
Anyone used Zombie to 5k by the makers of Zombie Run? I started this 2 days ago. Seems interesting. Wondering if the further you go into it, if the story is more detailed? I have read that the Zombie Run is really cool. Just curious how the 5k version compares.

Replies

• starfire_wings
    starfire_wings Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I only did 1 day of Zombie 5k before and was wondering this myself.
    Zombies, Run! is awesome (about halfway through season 1), I hope the story for Z5k expands from just running in the lab for tests.
  • Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    How is the Zombie Run for beginners? I was going to go straight to it but figured I needed be in a little better shape for it. That's why I started with the Zombie to 5k first.
  • starfire_wings
    starfire_wings Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The great thing about Zombies, Run is that you don't actually have to run (although it is encouraged).

The concept is that you go along at whatever pace you want (run, jog, walk, limp, etc) and when the zombies begin to chase you (it will say "zombies 100 meters"), you have to speed up by 20% for the (i think) 30 seconds that they chase you.

I'm pretty out of shape/definitely not a runner, so I go from a fast walk to a jog (and sometimes just a normal walk to a speed walk). Even my mom, who has fractured her spine, uses it perfectly fine.

You pretty much make it however challenging you need it. I found it easier than Z5K because of the flexibility.

And the story is great! Plus, season 2 is out and ready for when you want to keep going (and supposedly has pretty good zombie-chewing sound effects)!
  • Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I will have to try it out. Sounds like a good way to keep my mind off how out of shape I am in while running.
  • peterjasper
    peterjasper Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I did a couple of weeks of zombie to 5k. The workouts aren't very challenging early on. To be honest I didn't get much out of it.