calories burned

jazznjc
jazznjc Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I was wanting to calculate how many calories I burn by taking the steps at work...another website calculated for me and was wondering how accurate itwas...if I take 40 steps x 7 x a day how would I calculate that...can anyone help me out

Replies

• I'm not sure how you calculate it by step but there is a cadio option on the fitness calculator for jogging or running up stairs.
    Maybe there is one for walking as well!
  • If you can afford it maybe get a Garmin Forerunner 305 they are on Amazon for around $130. It comes with a heart rate monitor and the watch is gps so it tracks how far you have went and at what pace and calculates how many calories you burned, also can get a little attachment to put on your shoe for treadmill use when inside and cant get gps signal. That keeps track of your distance and pace as well.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    If you can afford it maybe get a Garmin Forerunner 305 they are on Amazon for around $130. It comes with a heart rate monitor and the watch is gps so it tracks how far you have went and at what pace and calculates how many calories you burned, also can get a little attachment to put on your shoe for treadmill use when inside and cant get gps signal. That keeps track of your distance and pace as well.

I HIGHLY recommend this! It's the best
    Fitness investment I've ever made
This discussion has been closed.