Recovering bulimic runner :)

Options
:wink: Hey lovely people! My name is Morgan and I was very recently diagnosed with bulimia nervosa. I have always been very obsessed with weight and being perfect and I finally have said enough and am seeking out help currently with a counselor. I am a runner and running is my absolute passion and I don't want my weight to control me and my obsessions to get in the way of my health anymore and potentially hurt me severely and force me to give up running. My #1 priority right now is to be healthy after my 2 year struggle with bulimia. I am looking for any buddies who would motivate me to remain binge/ purge free during my recovery and help me to focus on health which is what is really important. Feel free to add me guys I would love that! <3:flowerforyou:

Replies

• zaraheron1
    Options
    Good luck! My best friend had bulimia and found a counselor really helped her. As you said, try and focus on being healthy and successful with your running and thing of the backwards steps you will take if you binge/purge again. When you come across an obstacle/time in your life when you think you'll head back down that road, think of how far you've come and take it day by day. Try not to focus on your weight or be obsessive, just enjoy running and re-fuelling :)
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Good luck and feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm recovered from an ED and in my last week of C25K.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    <---10 years post treatment, but ithasbeen up and down at various times of my life. Working on it ALWAYS

It is a hard fight. I still have problems with my bing cycle and using food as punishment/comfort. But I too love to run and realize that for me to continue doing that, I need to lose weight and fuel my body the right way! Add me if you would like!
  • petiteplease
    petiteplease Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HI there!
    I have been down the same path through out my high school years, and still have my days. But im more in control now, and would love to be friends if you like :) give me an add
    Good luck on your road to recovery and becoming the healthy person you deserve to be.
  • McBatty
    McBatty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I will add you all :)
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    count me too :)
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    While I've never been diagnosed with an ED I've had my private struggles with food... And still struggle with body dysmorphia. So I'm happy to encourage! Interestingly enough exercise to the extreme is classified under Bulimia Nervosa. So just be careful not to slip into the other end of it xo Best of luck!
  • skinnyrunner2
    Options
    Reading that post literally felt like reading something I had written. Wow. How old are you? Please add me! :)
  • g2214n
    g2214n Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Complicated here - was anorexic with bulimia for well over 6 yrs... recovered conceived had a perfectly happy and healthy baby at the age of 26, a year after was down the same line again. cut the story short got divorced, lost the business, was alone with a 3 yr old and all ED issues. Now at the age of(almost) 34 I am pretty proud to say I've recovered and I am ready to support anyone who needs!! Please add me - as well as anyone here who feels like - it is a though battle and only someone who has been there can relate to it...
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    good for you! I haven't had an ED but I've struggled with being too obsessive about weight/exercise/food- I'm currently in a much better place and approaching my weight/food issues in a healthy way mentally. you can add me if you want :)

the best thing I've done is exercise for the *sport* of it, rather than for the calories burned. I used to push myself in the gym just to burn "xx" round number of calories- 350, 400, 500.... which wasn't the right approach, really! Now I've been running and I try to get faster and run more miles- those are my goals, not calories. I don't look at the calories burned until after I'm done with my workout. Getting to the point where I'm proud of myself for simply taking a long walk => progress!
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • o2cnpl
    o2cnpl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump