nike+ and calories

Options
I have been using my nike+ on jogs for a few weeks now. The distance is pretty accurate, but I'm thinking the calories are way off. I have a heart rate wrist watch and the calorie difference is HUGE, i mean several hundred calories. When I jog, it's in my neighborhood, which is in a very hilly area, so I'm jogging up and down pretty steep inclines for a good portion of my jog. So my question, have other nike+ users found the calorie counts to be a bit low?

Replies

• hmdavis
    hmdavis Posts: 26
    Options
    my other question with this, if I recalibrate it, does that affect the calories at all?
  • yourmamasaidwha
    Options
    I just started using my Nike+ kit the other day and I'd have to agree with you that the distance is quite accurate, but the calories do tend to be off. I am guessing that it has to do with positioning and the fact that everyones heart rates could differ from the average 150 pound person (whatever weight, ya know...) compared to your heart rate while burning calories. Hope that's not confusing, don't have a lot of time to proof this post, lol...the baby and a jog are calling my name!

the recalibration will most likely only ask you to put in a new weight which will probably only be averaged for that weight as well...have you thought about the fitbugg? it's about $150 and about $20.00 for a few months or something like that...I have many friends that love it and almost never take it off...lol, it's true...that's very accurate, and really nice...good luck!