Calling All Walkers

Options
I notice some of you walk 4-5 miles at a time. How long does it generally take you to walk 1 mile?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I can walk about a 12-minute mile at my fastest pace.
  • ariellesmommy
    Options
    Sadly I take about 15-20 minutes a mile.
  • amscobra
    Options
    I walk a mile in about 12-15 minutes pushing a double stroller.
  • groucherella
    Options
    I'm in the 15-20 range. usually 2 miles tops for me. Maybe the speed will increase with time! Thanks for the input and motivation!
  • rml_16
    Options
    I'm in the 15-20 range. usually 2 miles tops for me. Maybe the speed will increase with time! Thanks for the input and motivation!

Just keep at it. I've done 10-mile walks in two hours, but I didn't do that my first or even 15th time out.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    It takes me about 20 minutes now. But at first it was more like 30 minutes.
  • nlibera
    nlibera Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm a pretty speedy walker doing 4.5mph normally, but I push a little faster to get 5.0mph in for daily hour-long walks I like to take. Usually clocking between 12-15min/mile for me also.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I do 4 or 5 miles a day (today I flaked out). I range from 4 miles per to 4.5 miles per so that's, what, 12-15 minutes?
  • rml_16
    Options
    (And keep in mind that the longer you legs, the longer your stride and the faster you'll go with less energy.)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I average 12-15 minutes per mile. It takes building up to, you will get there soon enough. Just keep pushing yourself.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have very, very short legs and it takes me about 20 minutes to walk a mile going as fast as I can. Even when I jog and run I can only go a mile in about 15 minutes. Energy expended equals that of someone going 4-4.5 mph (I can easily burn 100+ calories per ten minutes) when I walk, but my legs just can't go any faster.
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 13-16 range.. It depends on how far I walk...
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    3 mph currently.
  • Wendy543
    Options
    20 mins usually, when first started it took forever to walk one mile so glad down to 20,
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    On treadmill at speed 4 it takes me 15 minutes and 2 seconds. That's with alternating weekends.
  • vikyjoi
    Options
    It takes me 1 hour and 10 minutes to walk 3 miles. I did 4 miles today! Took about 1 hour and 25 minutes.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    It usually takes me about 15 minutes if I'm walking fast and maybe jogging some. I have short short legs so while i'm going as fast as I can, it's just not as fast as most people!

I usually do about 4 to 4.5 miles in 1 hour and 10 minutes!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    3 miles in 45 minutes
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Long legs -- 3.5 to 4.0 mph average.
  • megaloox
    Options
    I walk anywhere from 2.5 to 3.5 miles an hour at any given time. My quickest mile so far has been about 16 minutes (i think?)