Heart Issue NSV

Options
My stories goes like this

On 8/31 I went to the ER because I was having trouble breathing and feeling a pounding in my chest. In less than 2 hours I was transported 100+ miles to OKC and admitted into the Baptist Heart Hospital and was in ICU. While I was at the local ER, my heart rate was not in a normal "Sinus Rhythm" and at one point my heart rate was at 270 bpm with me just laying on a bed. I spent a total of 5nights and 4 days in a "luxurious" suite with one window facing a brick wall.

I found out that I had Atrial Fibrillation which had allowed a blood clot to form in the upper chamber of my heart. If it would have passed I would of had a major stroke and possible died. I now have my heart under control using medication and last week i was released to full activity.

Today was my first 4 miler since then and it felt great, especially after I gained 20 lbs due to binge eating because I was stressed about the thought of never running again.

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are alive and kicking mate.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Rock it! I am with you. Just build up slowly and take care of yourself. Excellent!!!

I was in ICU for a week with congestive heart failure in April '11. My first marathon is coming up on October 27th.
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That is a great come-back. I had a similar scare with my heart a few months ago. Mine was a clot due to a hole in my heart that I did not know I had. The clot went across my retina causing me to lose sight in my left eye for a few minutes. Scary stuff!!!! I also have been released to full activity.
    I know the apprehension you must have felt getting back out there. I felt it too!
    Keep up the fantastic work!!!!!
    I am training for my 2nd half-marathon....although I have not found one to run yet.
    Terresa
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!