Before & During - 150 lbs to 135

Options
Hi everyone! To preface, I'm a 5'6", 22 year-old female.

A quick summary of my journey so far: in April, my fiancé and I went to the Florida Keys for two months. Thanks to loads of margaritas, daiquiris, fried fish, and general island life induced laziness, I put on about 15-18 pounds. Wow! I went from ~138 to 155. My fiancé fared about the same.

When we returned in June, we were determined to reverse this and become our fittest selves ever. We restarted our fitness routine of lifting heavy in the gym three days a week and hiking on the weekends. We took up a ketogenic diet, on which I've been eating around 1800-2000 calories a day.

Now, I'm feeling and looking much better. My goal is to lose 10-15 more pounds, maintain as much as possible of my current muscle mass and thereby lower my body fat percentage.

Here I am in mid-July at 150 lbs in the "before" pictures, and currently at 135 lbs in the "during" pictures:

tumblr_mugh7jvjxZ1rlfjsso1_500.png

MFP has been a great help in keeping track of my macros. I can't wait to post an updated graphic when I'm at my goal!

Replies

• paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look great! It looks like I have a similar body shape as you so I have something to look forward to! Cheers! :drinker:
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Good work. You look good before & great after! lol
  • TammyP64
    TammyP64 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great work!
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Similar stats so its nice to see :) Keep it up xox
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I have about the about 5 more lbs more than you did to lose. I always wonder what difference 20lbs really makes. These pictures were nice to see so I can have a better idea of how much it really does matter!
  • fitpeace
    Options
    Thanks everyone! 15 pounds is definitely not among the more dramatic transformations I've seen on here, but it's fun to change your habits for a few months and actually be able to look back and see a difference. :)

Also, props to my fiancé - he's gone from 215 to 196!
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! This post has got me right stoked, I started at 150 in june, and I'm now closing in on 140, aiming for 130! I'm also 5'6" and I'm 23, I hope I look half as good as you in 5lbs!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Looking awesome!!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You look great!

I recently changed my goal to 135. I'm hoping to get it done this year.

Nice work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!