Your best pasta salad recipe

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
I'm cooking for a big family buffet on Sunday and I don't want to be scraping the remains of a dry, congealed pasta salad into the bin on Monday. Does anyone have a tasty recipe that's easy and relatively economical to make in bulk, please. It doesn't have to be low calorie! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Berry - Do you have Garlic Expressions dressing there? It is LOVELY and not heavy on the garlic, despite the name.

I use rotini pasta - tri colored, if available - boiled, rinsed in cold water and drained.
    Capers
    Green olives or black olives or both, sliced
    Sliced carrots
    Peeled, sliced and de-seeded cucumbers
    Diced red peppers
    Feta Cheese (add before serving)
    Pine nuts (add before serving)
    Garlic Expression dressing the night before, and then before serving, I redress it with a bit more dressing.

This recipe ALWAYS gets snarfed up, but it's so good I don't mind if there are a bit of leftovers!

Hope this helps!
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    4 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
    Olive oil
    2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
    basil leaves, julienned,
    1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    Kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 pound dried angel hair pasta
    1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving

combine the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a bowl to marinate for 4 hours or so. You could also add any other fresh veggies you wish to this mix, broccoli, squash, cucumbers, whatever you might like in a salad.

When ready to put it all together, boil the pasta, drain and rinse in cold water. Toss in veggie mixture and parmesan cheese. This would also be good with fresh mozzarella if you have it available.

Garnish with whole basil leaves and more parmesan if you wish.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Cook and cool some farfalle, toss in marinated artichoke hearts, halved cherry tomatoes, chunks of grilled chicken, sliced black olives, and just enough basil pesto (I just use jarred -- Classico) to coat everything. Easy, cheap, delicious.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, these all sound DEEEE-LISH, thanks!

Capers, olives, cheese and artichoke hearts are all among my favourite things :drinker:
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My mom makes this for gatherings and it is my favorite thing she makes!

Caprese Tortellini Pasta Salad
    [serves 2-4 and easily doubles/triples to feed a crowd!]

One 9oz pkg of tri-color cheese tortellini [found alongside the fresh/chilled pasta]
    One pkg of fresh mozzarella balls, in water [marinated or regular]
    One pint/pkg of grape or cherry tomatoes
    1/2 cup italian dressing
    One can whole black olives
    fresh basil leaves

The above measurements are simply a jumping off point; use as much or as little as you need! This dish comes together in a matter of minutes and is perfect for a last minute meal or an impromptu side dish for a summer BBQ or party!