what to eat?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has some good recipes they want to share, for either breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm getting sick of eating the same thing all the time.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Go check out the recipe forum, there are tons there.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I don't have many recipes because I don't really cook from scratch much, but I can tell you what I eat. (and my Food Diary is set to PUBLIC). For breakfast lately, I have Barbara's Puffins ceral - the peanut butter kind, with Almond Breeze milk. Sometimes I have light yogurt with strawberries and pineaplle mixed in with a tiny sprinkle of granola. Sometimes a mini cinnamon bagel with Weight Watchers whipped cream cheese. For lunch, I have been having Arnold Sandwich Thins with turkey and a half slice of pepperjack cheese, and fruit or veggies. For dinner, my hubby "cooks". A typical dinner will be salad, a vegetable, Betty Crocker 80 calorie mashed potatoes, and some kind of meat. It is just the two of us, so he'll grill steak or chicken, or sometimes buy prepared meats from the deli store, or sometimes packaged meat like sirloin tips or turkey & gravy.

That's just us - but it seems to work. :happy:
  • bunnymad
    bunnymad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For dinner, I love doing a one-pot meat and rice dish. Just put some veg (e.g. onion, carrot, celery, peas) in a pan and soften in 1 tsp olive oil, then add 1/2 cup rice per person and stir to coat in oil. Add 1 cup of cold water per person and bring to the boil. Turn down to a simmer and season. Place your meat (e.g. chicken breast, salmon fillet) on the top and put a lid on it. The water should take about 15-20 minutes to absorb and the meat steams on the top.
    You can put plenty of veg in as the base to fill it out with not many calories, and can put herbs/spices in the with the rice to your own taste. There isn't much clearing up either :)
    Hope this helps!