Setting activity levels

Options
Over the last 6 weeks I've adopted an exercise routine that I follow 7 days per week. It consists of alternating sit ups, push ups and jogging in place a minute each for 30 minutes during lunch, then in the evenings I do intervals of walking/jogging for 30-45 minutes, as well as 20-30 minutes of riding my bike. I've recently incorporated a daily work out DVD into the routine. I also have 5 children that I care for full-time except for the 6 hours I work daily (which is at a desk job), so I spend several hours per day playing on the floor with them, cleaning up after them, bringing their toys back into their room, carrying them around (at least my 1.5 and 2.5 year olds), etc. Should I continue to list my activity level as sedentary and just add in my exercise, or should I change it to lightly active and not record any exercise?

Replies

• Buckeye_Mama
    Buckeye_Mama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, your lifestyle sounds more lightly active as opposed to sedentary. I know as a mother myself that I am far from sedentary during the day with my kids. Regardless of what activity level you select, I would definitely always enter your actual workout mintues/calories into your dairy.
  • hmdavis
    hmdavis Posts: 26
    Options
    I'd say go with lightly active and still record your exercise. Taking care of the kids is definitely an active lifestyle. Even with your desk job, the rest of the day you are pretty busy, so yeah, there's my 2 cents