Help! I need a lesson in protein smoothie making!

TheFutureIsMine
TheFutureIsMine Posts: 5
edited September 22 in Recipes
I used to make these smoothies with protein powder and frozen fruit all the time - but I just made one and it's horrible! I don't know what I've done wrong!
How do you make your smoothies?!
HELP!!

Replies

• SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    I make an anti-inflammatory smoothie every morning for breakfast, here's the recipe. It is suppose to help reduce and eliminate the inflammation in your cells.

1 scoop of natural whey protein isolate
    1 tbspn ground golden flax seeds
    1 tspn of cinnamin
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
    1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
    1/2 cup of pomegranite juic
    1 cup of water or 4 ice cubes

Blend and enjoy!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    I enjoy a spinach smoothie every morning.

1 c. vanilla soy milk
    2 c raw spinach
    1 banana
    6 strawberries

(i hear some people say they add their protein powder to this. vanilla or unflavored powder would be tasty!)
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    I would like to know this too...mine always get that grainy taste.
  • mine is super simple and tastes great!

1. one scoop of vanilla or chocolate whey
    2. one banana
    3. one cup of water!

blend and drink! vanilla is better I think :]
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    I am allergic to milk so I have a vegan protein powder (NutriBiotic) and use almond milk. I've been experimenting a lot with different types of smoothies. If you add me as a friend you can view my food diary - I have a totally loaded smoothie for breakfast every morning and pretty much everything listed under "Breakfast" goes in a smoothie - filling, satisfying, and tasty!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    pressica - are you using a blender? What do you put in your smoothies, I've never experienced the grainy effect?

Another good one I like is

Seratonin Surge Smoothie
    1 scoop natural whey protein isolate
    1 tbspn of almond butter
    1 tspn of cocoa powder
    2 tspn of flaxseed oil
    1 banana
    2/3 cup of vanilla soy milk

Blend and enjoy!

Karen
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    I agree with the responder that asked if you were using a blender. It makes the world of difference. This is my current favorite smoothie recipe:

6-8 oz Dole (or Market Pantry) Orange, Pineapple, Banana juice
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup frozen fruit blend (my favorite is the "festival blend" from Costo -- pineapple, papaya, mango & strawberry)
    ice cubes as needed
    **I prefer the "blended" juices to plain OJ, it gives it a more exotic or tropical flavor. I also prefer frozen fruit to fresh since it not only lasts longer, but is cheaper in the long run, and also adds to the texture better (in my opinion)

I have one of those personal type blenders from Hamiliton Beach and I love it! It's enough for a single serving and comes with a handy to go travel cup.

Good luck!
  • beesimon
    beesimon Posts: 1 Member
    I use the weigth watchers protein smootie mix (either chocolate or vanilla) and add half a banana, 1/2 cup of fat free no sugar frozen yogurt (schwans) and then whatever other fruit I happen to have. I put it all in a blender with some ice and a little water. Sometimes for a really special treat, I will use just the half banana and 1 tbsp. reduced fat peanut butter. This is great, but is a little high in fat.
  • I make an anti-inflammatory smoothie every morning for breakfast, here's the recipe. It is suppose to help reduce and eliminate the inflammation in your cells.

1 scoop of natural whey protein isolate
    1 tbspn ground golden flax seeds
    1 tspn of cinnamin
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
    1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
    1/2 cup of pomegranite juic
    1 cup of water or 4 ice cubes

Blend and enjoy!
  • yummmmmmm...sounds delicious!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.