Couch to 5k Challenge

Options
Anyone up for doing the Couch to 5k Challenge?

It's really great scheme to get folk into running, even those who never thought they could run. For those who havn't heard of it, its a podcast made in connection with the NHS and is available to download from their site.

I tried before and got a far as week 5 until I had a few days sick and went back into bad habits.

Looking to start Monday 30th, the fulll challenge last for 9 weeks finishing up on the 2nd Dec.

Hope you will join me, post on your feeling about the runs you complete, problems an set backs and also share the joy of passing each week as you tick off the runs completed.

Replies

• crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try some sort of 5k challenge this week coming. I miss running.
  • kkenney73
    kkenney73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started myself!! Yesterday was W1D1....I felt GREAT at the end and sore today but that's ok!!
  • aprilrunswithmolly
    Options
    I'm currently on Week 2, just completed Day 2 today. I'm amazed that I've been finding it almost easy! This week, I haven't been sore after the runs at all, which I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Next week is running for 3 minutes straight, so we'll see how I feel after that! :P
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Currently on week 2
  • Keena7656
    Options
    I too only made it to week 5 the first time. I can't remember why. Anyway, just started again on Monday. I love it. Totally doable.
  • m4ukcats
    Options
    I'm on wk 4, and it's a big step up from wk 3, imo.
  • beckyboo86
    beckyboo86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got to week 3 earlier this year and gave up but I started again this week. I started on week 4 as I'm abit fitter since shifting some weight and doing other exercise. Also, I'm doing it on the treadmill in the gym now as I just hate jogging outside for the whole world to see.... It's not a pretty sight!!
  • cressbullock
    cressbullock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 5 run 3 and was amazed I could run for 20 minutes! Anyone just starting out the end may seem daunting but honestly it's so surprising how quickly your fitness increases. I did find week 4 a major step up and had to do the runs in that week around 7 times but got there in the end! Good luck everyone who is starting and I hope by posting here I will be encouraged to keep going onto the next few weeks!
  • thenewmoni
    thenewmoni Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i think i'm gonna start this in november. I need to challenge myself!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I'm late on joining this convo but early in starting the program! I'm on week 5, day 2 tonight! I used to HATE running and honestly, when I started week 1, I could just BARELY run the 60 seconds...it was awful and every single week I kept thinking the following week would be the one where I'd end up needing to repeat but so far so good! This week definitely looks like the hardest so far....tonight is 8m running, 5 min walking, 8m running. I'm so nervous, but so excited.