trouble drinking water?

Options
I am one of those people who hates drinking water. I just don't like it. I drink it when I exercise but during the rest of the day I just won't do it. Until just a few days ago when I discovered something. I will drink water all day long if I drink it out of a sports bottle. It tastes better out of a bottle than it does out of a glass and there's just something about the water being "hidden" that makes it possible for me to drink it. The last few days I've been drinking three 24 oz bottles of water and I haven't had any soda cravings. That's pretty amazing considering that almost all I'd been drinking before!

So if you have trouble getting yourself to drink enough water, try drinking it out of a sports bottle or a travel cup with a straw. You'll be surprised at how fast you can drink water without even realizing it!

Replies

• groucherella
    Options
    I like the mental tom foolery you're pulling with the "disguise". I think I need to try that. Hide it in a bottle and I can tell myself it's anything. Giving up flavored drinks is hard. I've only recently withdrawn the IV of soda from my arm.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I do not like water in the morning but it is fine in the afternoon. Sports bottle or no sports bottle. I have been able a few times in the last weeks to drink that 1st glass just after waking up but it is hard. I am not allowed to have it in the computer lab and that is where I spend my days. However it is worth it if you can drink more. I lost the most the day after I drank more than 8 glasses. I am trying to do that again..
  • dollymac74
    dollymac74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The colder the water the better, I got mini ice cube trays so I can put ice in my sports bottle to take to work with me. I fill it all the way to the top with ice, then fill it with water.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I have a 20oz bottle. I fill it up 4 times a day, causing me to drink 80 oz's. They recommend 64 oz a day, but more if you exercise. Knowing how many times I have to fill it and having this one bottle for it definitely helps me.

I always hated water too, but now it's the only thing I drink.
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I could not drink water except for White Grape Crystal Light, it has a minimum of food dye and it does have artificial sweetner, not the pure that plain water is, but I am drinking my 8 and my body is beginning to feel wonderful, sometimes I wonder if we sacrifice better for not perfect, it can be an excuse
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    I am reaaaaly terrible at drinking water, but it helps to have a jug of water at hand at home, so I get a visual reminder to drink, even if its only in the evenings, i get a few glasses in!:drinker:
  • mikeivb
    mikeivb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    one of my friends adds fresh lemons in their water, they said otherwise they wouldnt want to drink it
  • kimbee1976
    kimbee1976 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey - really good ideas! I hate water and was actually so dehydrated at the doctors office a few weeks ago they could even draw blood! Not good. I'll try the sports bottle - and for whatever reason - straws always do make everything taste better :)