Thanksgiving....

Options
Soooo...What are all you you guys doing for thanksgiving!? I wanna stay in the calories but it only happens once a year :( lol.

Replies

• Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Not to mention I am cooking a monster of a turkey :P
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Just at walmart, saw some special meatless meals in the freezer section with the mornign star stuff for thanksgiving. Stuffed "turkey" and other things like that. Was an idea to maybe eat that, so it'd be similar to what others are enjoying.
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking too - there is a small group of us (6) so I am just doing a turkey breast. I am going to do some "healthified" sides working out cals so I know for hte leftovers and watch portion control. I am also looking for a lighter desert too.
  • Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have some guests coming over too. I am contemplating making skinnytaste side dishes but at the same time I simply love the hearty meals thanksgiving has to offer....Not sure I wanna lighten it up haha....Maybe I will allow myself the cheat day and be super good on the weekend!
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    We'll do a tofurkey and lots of veggie sides. The BF and I will cook at home and bring out meal with us. It's still too easy to over eat. But it is still just one day. I'm thankful because we do not host Thanksgiving so there arn't any leftovers!
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm eating whatever I want, it's one day!
  • NiceSpydr
    NiceSpydr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm hosting dinner at my house. I'm planning on doing my workouts early, and then to bust my bum in the kitchen. Planning dinner lets me select the menu and make sure that there are healthy options. We'll be using ingredients are flexible to use in Post-Thanksgiving recipes that are still healthy, like turkey and veggie soup.

I have some inexpensive tupperwear and lots of ziplocs handy to help me get rid of things I don't want in the house.

If I go over on calories, because of some sides and pies, I won't kill myself over it but I will goal to have an overall balance over the week. :smile:
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    We keep it healthy but in moderation, I cook some things I don't normally and make the most of flavors... I brine the turkey still but I infused with lots of flavor last year.... I also made a paleo stuffing uses mushrooms instead of bread crumbs found it on paleo omg (I am thinking of subsituting ground turkey for sausage meat but might just use it as its flavorful, I did add poultry seasoning to the stuffing last year to give I more of an authentic taste.... I think I added more of the other seasonings to taste/smell personal taste). I also made some veg dishes that sounded good but with in range I love all the veg available this time of year... message me for more specifics if interested....
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on logging that day, or weighing myself for a few days afterwards. The only thing I'm planning to do to stay reasonably on track is to give away as many of the leftovers to my guests as I can (I stock up on plastic containers beforehand that I can send home with people) and then immediately toss everything that's left that might be binge-worthy, i.e. everything that's not turkey or vegetables. If I'm not hosting then I either won't take carb-y of leftovers, or I'll throw them away. One day won't hurt me, but a week's worth could easily turn into 5 lbs.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lv6869Xwq51qjgnhvo1_500.jpg
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I might try to find a Turkey Trot 5k that morning, so I can then eat everything in sight and wash it down with a lot of wine...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    That's right, it's one day a year. Enjoy that day and don't worry. Worry about the next day and day after that.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I plan to run a race in the morning and then eat whatever I want. No tracking. I did this last year also.

I plan to try my hand at pie making this year. I have never made a pie so I figured I'd go big and make two!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Turkey
    fresh green beans with onion and bacon
    brussel sprouts with cheese sauce or butter and garlic
    sweet potato, whole, baked
    rolls for the grandmunchkins
    macaroni and cheese for the grandmunchkins

Oh, and pumpkin fluff for dessert!!
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat whatever I want lol it's only one day, plus maybe leftovers the next day :P
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I plan on overeating significantly. Huge workouts the day before and after. I'll be fine.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I'm going to my Mom but she is really good (no really heavy sauces on vegetables) and if I limit gravy and stuffing I should stay in calories.
  • sarahbedsaul
    sarahbedsaul Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a "Turkey Trot" 5K that morning. Gotta count for something. Just be mindful of what you're taking in. Believe it or not, last year I made myself one plate and drank plenty of water during the meal. By the time seconds came around, I realized I wasn't hungry, so why have seconds? The turkey is the only thing that needs be STUFFED. :-)
  • shell_mc
    shell_mc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I plan to just eat what I want within reason. A lot of the foods that are cooked on Thanksgiving can be given a healthy makeover. But really, it's just one day.

I just intend to get right back on the wagon on Friday. And burn some major calories with my Black Friday power shopping :)
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 5k that morning and then enjoying the hell out of my dinner and dessert and then back to it the next day.