Thanksgiving....

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lv6869Xwq51qjgnhvo1_500.jpg

THIS.

I'll probably log it, just for the sake of logging, but I doubt it will be anywhere close to accurate, let alone close to goal. It's one day a year and I'm not missing out on any of that yummy goodness.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    we are having ham this year plus all the goodies. thank giving is this monday in canada yay
  • Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hmm This true it is only one day. One gloriously delicious day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It's all about what you're doing 80 - 90% of the time, not the minutia of one day...a holiday...birthday, etc. There will always be these "occasions" and that's just what they are...they are occasions...they are not representative of what you're doing as a whole generally speaking. Don't get mired in minutia...you will kill your motivation and progress.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I plan on making all my normal awesome stuff (lemon meringue pie, pumpkin pie, biscuits, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, turkey, gravy, carrots) and eating reasonably but without worrying and working out extra before and after. So I'm not planning on limiting, but also not planning on binging to excess. Just going to make it all and love it all and work out and revel in the fact that by then, I should have more than 80 pounds gone :)
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    It's all about what you're doing 80 - 90% of the time, not the minutia of one day...a holiday...birthday, etc. There will always be these "occasions" and that's just what they are...they are occasions...they are not representative of what you're doing as a whole generally speaking. Don't get mired in minutia...you will kill your motivation and progress.

Very good answer thank you.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lv6869Xwq51qjgnhvo1_500.jpg

QFT

Gonna eat everything, probably have seconds too. Then another round in the middle of the night.
    Then the next day I will have a belly ache, and probably carry around a few extra pounds of food in my gut and water I've retained from the sodium and smile all day long because I freakin love thanksgiving. I'll have leftovers that night too.
    On Saturday...back on the calorie counting wagon.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    lol Okay I'm eating all the food.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I have three separate dinners this weekend. I plan to stick to a bit of turkey, lots of roasted vegetables, and stealing bites of the stuffing/mashed potato/bread stuff from my boyfriend's plate. He doesn't have a huge sweet tooth so we'll share small dessert portions too.

If it were just one meal I wouldn't worry too much but with three in a row, all wine-drenched, I do need to keep an eye on it a bit.
  • djserani
    Options
    I am with the "EAT ALL THE THINGS" posters. It's quite true. I refuse to worry about my food that day. My veggies aren't too bad, anyway, and the leftovers rarely make it past Friday in my house. So, really, it's not a big deal.
  • Tiramisu1
    Tiramisu1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The Gobi may be lighter than the Sahara. :)
  • dizzow
    dizzow Posts: 65
    Options
    I don't know. I'm always the one that does the cooking. I would say "screw it" it's only one day, but I am afraid that one day would lead to 2 days which would lead to 3 days etc. So... I'm thinking about making some stuff more "diet" friendly and only making one pie. That way there is no leftover pie to consume. Or maybe doing a pumpkin custard, which would be healthier. I'll have to deal with my birthday, an anniversary and Thanksgivng all within about 2 weeks. That's a lot of eat whatever I want days.
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ya - it is one day, unfortunately dang fall is full of many 1 days...thanksgiving, halloween, christmas parties, christmas eve, christmas day, boxing day, the day after boxing day, new years eve.....lol
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Talked my brother into running the Turkey Trot with me.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    eat drink and be merry wait, thats christmas. eat drink and be thankful :bigsmile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    The Gobi may be lighter than the Sahara. :)

but i heard Antarctica was just nothing but snow calories as far as deserts go
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    I haven't really thought about it other than to decide I am going to eat what ever I want. We are visiting good friends who recently moved to San Fran. I have never been there before and I guess my friend made us reservations at a "legendary" (her words) restaurant for the night before Thanksgiving since we will actually have to head home on Thanksgiving day.

It is a good thing I like suprises:laugh:
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm going to EAT ALL THE STUFFING!
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I eat some of everything. But my portion sizes *are* smaller than they used to be, even at celebratory events, now. I'm OK with it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I already plan on eating at least 4000 calories that day...