need advice ASAP

Options
hello I was wondering will coffee help me lose weight?

Replies

• msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't know but would not suggest using coffee as a weight loss aid as it has caffeine which can increase your heart rate. Just my two cents.
  • carlydawn101
    Options
    what?
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    It helps me in the mornings! I need my coffee to stay sane. I put a little creamer in mine so it actually adds to my calories, but it's so tastey!
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Only if you're eating a deficit.
  • carlydawn101
    Options
    right!!!!! love the taste
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Caffeine acts as a stimulant and a appetite suppressor but BUT if you load it up with crap you are not doing yourself any favors OR if you are a binge eater than its probably not a good idea bc you will most likely binge hard after.

So I guess yes and no. It can help in appetite suppression if you are stable and binging but it only really helps you keep a calorie deficiet at the end of the day.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Coffee does not really help or hinder weight loss. HOWEVER, everyone is different. Now if you are referring to the Dr. Oz touted Green Coffee Bean supplement-no its a waste of money.

Caffeine can also dehydrate you, so you have to be sure to drink plenty or water to rehydrate throughout the day too.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ummm Hello Elliott, dayum. :love:

Anyway... :noway:

Coffee won't help you lose weight but it may help you go #2 and sometimes that can serve as a useful illusion of losing weight.
  • LisaUlrey
    LisaUlrey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Back away from your cup of coffee and EXERCISE!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Ummm Hello Elliott, dayum. :love:

Anyway... :noway:

Coffee won't help you lose weight but it may help you go #2 and sometimes that can serve as a useful illusion of losing weight.

Hi pony wearing a chicken costume, happy Thursday.
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    There is nothing like motivation (gym time) and dedication (like being accountable for your calories) to help you lose weight. Other than that - everything else is a gimmick. I did the silly green coffee thing for a bit - it was a mental exercise rather than an efficient weight loss strategy - I wanted something to 'help' me do it - but in the end I realized that it was me, the gym and pushing myself away from extra portions that was going to work.
  • Jalvare4
    Jalvare4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There are mixed answers when it comes to coffee as a weight loss aid. If you choose to continue drinking coffee, I would suggest that you could drink organic coffee which is better health wise unless you load it with a lot of stuff.