Any cool iphone apps for exercise?

I am looking for an app that will give me ideas for exercises I an do at home (with free weights or other home equipment) to work certain parts of the body. I am really tired of exercise videos (I get bored of them fast because of bad music or having to watch the instructor make the same jokes over and over..lol) so I would rather like find a good app that I can sort of create my own workout by choosing what body parts I want to work that day. I am talking about more strength training as I run for my cardio daily.
Is there such a thing?

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    You Are Your Own Gym would be perfect for what you're describing (I think it's $2.99).
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    I am looking for an app that will give me ideas for exercises I an do at home (with free weights or other home equipment) to work certain parts of the body. I am really tired of exercise videos (I get bored of them fast because of bad music or having to watch the instructor make the same jokes over and over..lol) so I would rather like find a good app that I can sort of create my own workout by choosing what body parts I want to work that day. I am talking about more strength training as I run for my cardio daily.
    Is there such a thing?

I think the Nike Training Club app was made with you in mind. And it's completely free.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Try Gymgoal2 or JEFIT.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    if you're a runner/jogger/walker. then i really like Zombie, Run! its on sale for $3.99 right now, its motivated me to get back out there
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    You Are Your Own Gym would be perfect for what you're describing (I think it's $2.99).

Casting my vote for this app also. :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Is there such a thing?

I think the Nike Training Club app was made with you in mind. And it's completely free.
    I'll second the Nike Training Club app - free and loaded with over 100 workouts from 15 - 45 minutes long, some use weights, some just body weight, some focus on cardio, some on strength, some are full body workouts, some are specifically targets for arms, legs, butt, etc - I love it! Been using it for around 2 years and still not bored with it.

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/womens-training/apps/nike-training-club
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    RunKeeper great for running or walking. Play Pandora and Runkeeper logs my distance, mile markers, elevation, and tells me when my shoes are untied(untrue) Pretty cool app for folks starting out with C25K or just walking and want to log.
  • RunnerLisa1
    RunnerLisa1 Posts: 84 Member
    I recently started using Nike Training Club & LOVE IT!!!! As previously mentioned there is lots of flexibility with it & definitely a challenge.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Gain Fitness! It creates personalized workouts for all body areas and you can choose whether you want to lose fat or gain muscle, etc... It's awesome!

ETA: You can also purchase circuit trainings, yoga, pilates, and tons of other exercises!
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    I like Gorilla Workout. Nice simple strength training app.
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Nike Training Club is awesome. Blogilates has some good videos. I will say her voice kind of annoys me some times, but it's effective.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    You Are Your Own Gym and Sworkit.

I'm going to check out Nike training club now too.
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Is there such a thing?

Agree the Nike Training Club app is very nice. Also Jefit.