One of my favorite weight loss motivational quotes!!

Options
"You try, you fail, you try, you fail, but the only true failure is giving up"

This is a quote that I ran across awhile back when I felt like giving up. My weight loss journey was not a perfect one as I am sure everyone has/had their up's and down's through their journey. Whenever I ate something bad I would feel like I shouldn't waste my time at the gym because I would just be working on trying to burn the bad stuff in the food that I had eaten and be stuck at the same point with no weight loss and possible weight gain. I love this quote because what I have learned from it is that you should always look at the accomplishments that you have made so far and try your best to disregard the negatives. I believe that it is in human nature that people can have so many great accomplishments but when they run into a bad one, that one negative offsets every single positive accomplished. I have had many failures where I gained back 10 or 20 pounds throughout my journey and have come VERY close to quitting but since I did not and kept going with it, I have lost 88 pounds so far and aiming to lose even more. I see the number 88 as a huge number in terms of pounds and I always look back and wondered what would I be doing had I given up when I gained some of my weight back. It is funny because people would ask me how much I have lost and when I tell them 88 pounds some people would say "WOW you lost a small child, congrats" . For the people who believe that eating bad one or two days is a motivation killer, remember that one bad meal won't make you gain weight just like one good meal won't make you lose weight. :bigsmile:

I still do have my up's and down's but I have learned that I will truly fail if I just quit and don't even try to give my 110%. I joined this site thinking that it was just a calorie calculator until I saw the community section where I was overwhelmed with motivation. I believe that if we can work together as a community, we will accomplish our goals. I love helping others and if you have any questions please add me or message me.

Thanks!! :smile:

Replies