Thanksgiving....

Options
13»

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat whatever I want on Thanksgiving and enjoy every minute of it!! Mashed potatoes and gravy..YES PLEASE! And then do it again on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!! As the saying goes - “It’s not important what you eat between Thanksgiving and Christmas, It’s important what you eat between Christmas and Thanksgiving!”
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    A good idea is to not eat while you are cooking. Of course good cooks need to taste their food but have a no eating while standing rule. I know when I am cooking dinner and I am really hungry I will just start taking bites of things here and there and those extra calories really add up.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lv6869Xwq51qjgnhvo1_500.jpg

THIS.

I'll probably log it, just for the sake of logging, but I doubt it will be anywhere close to accurate, let alone close to goal. It's one day a year and I'm not missing out on any of that yummy goodness.

This, minus the logging part... Only the eating part! Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lv6869Xwq51qjgnhvo1_500.jpg

This. No one gains any measurable amount of weight from Thanksgiving dinner alone.
  • kanadian_bear
    Options
    I'm goin' full tilt at Thanksgiving. Why do it any other way? It's a holiday that was meant for us to enjoy a bountiful harvest of blessings and food. I couldn't imagine eating anything low calorie or fat free on this day. Blasphemy I tell ya! It will be turkey, ham and all the fixings for me. Followed by generous helpings of pumpkin pie, ice cream and decadent coffees. Not stopping till I'm fit to burst. Just thinkin' about it makes me so happy!! :):):)
  • shuffy09
    shuffy09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think this year I am going to participate in a local turkey trot 5k in the am. I work at a Country Club so I will be working Thanksgiving Day and bartending Thanksgiving Night... It sucks because my family is 800 miles up the coast. The good part is the fact I do not eat as much AND I burn some serious calories that day running around like a crazy person!
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Last year Thanksgiving and Christmas freaked me out. This year I realized that I can always lose anything I gain back. No big. That being said, after a year of this lifestyle my choices are different and I don't do the quantity that I did last year. It won't be such a hardship because I have been through the holiday cycle once already, been on vacation and survived, been away on holiday and survived. Even if I were to gain 10lbs it wouldn't freak me out - I'd be a bit annoyed with myself - but would just get back on the horse and get it done again. There is a place I feel good (between 150 - 160lbs) and will work to maintain that. I weigh myself frequently and navigate food based on that. Some times there are special occassions (and some of those last a few days) but so long as I get back at the right lifestyle for my body I am not going to let a few days do me in.
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The bonus of being Canadian is that you don't have the two big eating holidays right on each other. I feel sorry for Americans - if you go overboard for Thanksgiving there, you hardly have any time to readjust before Christmas and new year are upon you. We have like a month or of time to get our house in order before temptation strikes again!
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I cook and make everything synfully healthy.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    i'm going to be alone on thanksgiving Monday.....i'm gonna work out really hard during the day and get a long power walk in and then i'm bypassing the food and just gonna get good and loaded.....:)
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm bulking until new years so I have plenty of calories. I just need to keep up the lifting sessions and maybe a turkey trot.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I'll probably eat some of my favorites, but only get a small portion of it. Definitely stuffing, ham, & mashed potatoes.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I will be eating all the fun and exciting foods that get made, watching football, and recouping from my knee surgery. :drinker:

The next day ill be at the gym, in the pool, swimming away as many calories as I can. :bigsmile:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    lolcountingcaloriesonthanksgiving
  • KisaraKaiba
    KisaraKaiba Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to treat it as a splurge day, probably not track, and go back to normal for the remainder of the week. One day shouldn't be my undoing.

Besides, I find I can't eat as much as I used to even if I do give myself free reign. It's less of a risk these days, lol.
  • Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think that Monday will be my splurge day. I will stay in my calories this weekend then shock my system with a turkey dinner and dessert!~
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    We are hosting so at least I will know what is in everything. Might lighten things up a bit without telling anyone. I made some awesome mashed potatoes with 1%sour cream the other day so those will be on the menu.

We are celebrating on Saturday so I will have Sunday and Monday to make up for the dessert I plan on making and not resisting on Saturday.