Websites for Creating Healthy Meal Menus

Options
I am looking for your recommendations for websites that help you create meals based on good dietary principles. Please help with any suggestions. Thanks!

Replies

• ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Our ideas of good dietary principles may differ, as people here seem to have all different eating plans that they follow.

My #1 favorite though is www.canyoustayfordinner.com The author is maintaining a 100+ lb weight loss and has been helping her mother lose weight over the last 8 weeks. I love the menu ideas and would love to have a gourmet chef of a daughter cooking for me!
  • walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you ChristineinMA! I took a browse through that website and it looks great. Can't wait to try out some recipes.

Keep the suggestions coming!
  • walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this thread because I need recipe ideas.

I've been eating paleo/primal low carb for the last year or so and now I can eat grains, beans, etc again I want some new recipes, but I also want them to be relatively low in calories (as in, I can have a satisfying dinner for around 500 calories).

Any good healthy living blogs that don't preach, or demonize certain foods?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Harvard School of Public Health's "Healthy Eating Plate" and other information at their NutritionSource site. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/
  • W15t5v1
    W15t5v1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is helpful but being lactose and fructose intollerant has driven me to the Paleo diet and I found a realy good recipe book. http://paleocookingtips.com/ Being on a pension means I have limited funds but there is also a video on the site explaining that Paleo need not be costly and is very helpful.
  • littleknownblogger
    littleknownblogger Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    www.whole9life.com

www.westonaprice.org
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: