Meats that are under 150 calories? Help?

Options
I eat alot of grilled chicken , there 110 calories every 4oz which is absolutley amazing to me . But i wanna know what other types of meat out there that are around 150 or less calorie because grilled chicken gets old ..I know that fish is also low in calories but is there anything else ? Please include the name brand , where i can buy them and the amount of calories they contain . Thanks ,would really appreciate it

Replies

• Brandonalex15
    Brandonalex15 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Well, just from a quick search, I found this link. Hope it posts! Not sure what the policy is on links.

http://www.weightlossforall.com/number-of-calories-in-food.htm
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, why does your meat have to stay under 150 cals? Wouldn't it be worth it to go up to say, 200 for a decent portion of say, grass fed steak? It tends to be leaner than non-grass fed is the only reason I mention it. Personally, I like a variety of meats and couldn't eat 'just' chicken. And you also have to remember if it's more about protein that meat isn't the only source. Give yourself and your body some variety! :smile:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I'd venture that almost any meat could be under 150 calories if the serving size was small enough....
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Canned Tuna
    Grounded Turkey Lean
    Fish
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    uh....how about just eating less meat if you want less calories?

protein is 4 calories a gram so ......do the math
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I eat alot of grilled chicken , there 110 calories every 4oz which is absolutley amazing to me . But i wanna know what other types of meat out there that are around 150 or less calorie because grilled chicken gets old ..I know that fish is also low in calories but is there anything else ? Please include the name brand , where i can buy them and the amount of calories they contain . Thanks ,would really appreciate it

Try pork. Pork chops, tenderloin, etc. Pretty versatile just like chicken.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Any lean meat ... Pork loin (trim the fat), boneless(33-40 calories per ounce, raw), skinless chicken thighs (*raw weight* only 33 calories per ounce, chicken breast is 30 per ounce), beef/buffalo London broil or top round (33-35 calories per ounce, raw)... most fish ...

ETA: Calorie counts from Nutritiondata.com
  • Brandonalex15
    Brandonalex15 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I hate how people cant just answrr my questions . If your not gonna actually help me why waste your time typing
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and Canadian bacon are two of my low-cal favorites. Shrimp can be $$ but I watch for deals on frozen peeled shrimp.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    Grumpy much?

If you like red meat, a lot of the novelty animals are lower fat than beef. Ostrich, goat, venison come to mind.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

I hate how people cant just answrr my questions . If your not gonna actually help me why waste your time typing

lol awwwwwww.

go to google and answer your own question.

how about pork, beef, veal, bison, turkey, all the fishes, dog.

there are your answers.

youre-welcome2.gif
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lean ground meat
    Canned tuna
    Cod if you like fish
    Ham steaks
    Chicken sausage

Of course it depends a lot on the serving size.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

Dude, this is actually helping. He answered your question!

I suspect what you are REALLY asking for is meat that is high in protein and low in fat to keep your calories down. In that case, chicken breast, turkey breast, white fish, prawns, tuna, veal, lean steak, pork loin and other game meats and seafood are all decent options. Google 'low fat meat' and you'll find a plethora* of information (*that means lots).

My question to you is why do you need to eat so little for a meal? Is there a medical reason, or are you looking to restrict calories more than recommended?

Remember that a moderate caloric deficit is best for your body composition, hormonal balance, brain function, energy levels, and dietary adherence. Don't be scared of dietary fat either, it is good for you!
  • kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I kinda think the previous poster had a point...you can eat any meat you want as long as you're willing to do the math. My husband ate a serving of oatmeal and a can of tuna for breakfast every other morning when he lost all his weight. I haven't gone that far in the past few months that we have been watching our foods, but we have found that veggie burgers are really good,

I would also try looking at servings of salmon. I don't like canned food because I'm trying to lower my BP, and find the sodium an issue. Salmon is a nice treat that is healthy, especially when you eat the gray part of the fish (next to the skin), where all the omega 3 is hiding out.

I try to only eat 3 oz. of meat at a time...or skip it completely. It's not because I don't love it, because I do, it's just that I don't have the room for it, and my health matters more than my love of cheeseburgers.

Good luck doing the math!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You got a lot of good answers here, but I want to point out that nobody can suggest where to buy these items, because we don't know where you live. There are people on this site from all over the world.
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Honestly, that does address your question. Protein is 4 calories per gram, fat is 9 per gram. So if you have some chicken, beef, fish, and pork, and if they all have the same grams of protein and fat, then they will all have the same number of calories (give or take a few, since all calorie counts are estimates). Granted, 4 oz of each of these meats will not necessarily have the same ratios of protein to fat. Thus, a meat with a higher fat content will have more calories in 4 oz than a meat with lower fat content. So, if you want to limit the calories from your meat, you'll need to get leaner cuts or smaller portions (or eat a higher calorie piece of meat and adjust your calories else where to fit it in), regardless of the species of animal it comes from.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Hold on; Calabrese Spicy Salami with Sangiovese wine(think Chianti)

Company Olli

Probably 1.5 ounces is under 150 calories--gluten free, and a pork product

Then again, you could do a google search ;)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a knife then you can cut them big ol' pieces down to size.
    Of course after you start another thread on how to portion meat.
    Good luck and much love:flowerforyou: