Options
    bump
  • 1alicia3
    Options
    Sounds Amazing!
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    little caveat: I took this out of the freezer and had to let it sit for a few minutes before I could cut it. After, I left it out- it turned back into a gooey mess, LOL. Put it back in the freezer and it's fine. Not sure if it is like that with the regular recipe or because I doubled and it's not quite the same. They are fine in the freezer though.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! Thanks.

I sometimes have treats made with protein powder but haven't made anything like this. I love pumpkin & expect to really enjoy this.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    How many grams is one scoop of your protein powder? I don't have your brand and don't want to mess this up!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    OMG yes. Maybe some pumpkin spice or cinnamon too? To hide the protein flavor a bit?
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    How many grams is one scoop of your protein powder? I don't have your brand and don't want to mess this up!

30g according to:
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/265290234270211239/
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yep one rounded scoop was 30-31 grams with 24 grams of protein. I also used the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey French Vanilla Creme flavor.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • jasoncbackus
    jasoncbackus Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump for later, thanks for the idea.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump
  • A_Healthier_Me2013
    A_Healthier_Me2013 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Will have to try this !!
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I searched on Pinterest - is this the one?

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/265290234270211239/

Yup, that's the one!
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    little caveat: I took this out of the freezer and had to let it sit for a few minutes before I could cut it. After, I left it out- it turned back into a gooey mess, LOL. Put it back in the freezer and it's fine. Not sure if it is like that with the regular recipe or because I doubled and it's not quite the same. They are fine in the freezer though.

The recipe does say to store in the freezer and eat it within 10-15 mins or it will turn gooey again.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Oh man, thank you! How big does the pumpkin need to be and how do you roast it??
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    sounds amazing
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! Thanks.
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    BUMP
    So I decided to roast a pumpkin today to make fresh pumpkin puree. It tastes soooo much better than out of a can! Anyhow, I was looking for recipes to use it in since it doesn't keep for very long in the fridge. I found a pumpkin protein fudge recipe on Pinterest and it is so delicious that I had to share. I literally licked the bowl after I made it!

Makes 6 servings:

1/4 cup natural peanut butter
    4 scoops vanilla protein powder
    1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/4 cup pumpkin (can use canned or fresh)
    Stevia - optional, I used about 1/2 Tbsp
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 Tbsp walnuts (I subbed pecans which is what I had on hand)

Mix it all together, a whisk works best. It will be pretty sticky. Using a spatula spread the mixture into a small pan. Roughly 6x9 or so is a good size. Freeze for 1 hour. After an hour you can pull the pan out and let it sit for a few mins until the fudge is easy to cut. Cut into 6 squares and then you can re-freeze individually. The recipe said they will melt within 10-15 mins out of the freezer so its best to enjoy it right out of the freezer.

Nutrition will vary depending on the protein powder. I used Optimum Nutrition French Vanilla Creme and got the following:

Cals: 163, Carbs: 5, Protein: 20, Fat: 7
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    saving this one! Thanks :smile: