For the Ladies of MFP- HELPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Options
I'm a couple days away from the start of my cycle and am completely ravenous!!! Chocolate is definitely the most appealing to me (of course) and I try to eat thing like Kashi bars so that at least I'm getting some protein and fiber along with my "fix" but yikes!!! I increase my physical activity to try and make up for it but I just feel at a loss. For instance, I'm already at 2320 cals for the day and its barely 2pm my time.

I need advice (AND FAST..lol) What do ya'll do around "that time of the month?"

Thank you!!
Anna

Replies

• ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I JUST felt that way last week and Ill tell ya... nothing worked so I just let myself be hungry and I stayed at my calorie limit... ya just gotta tough it out... itll pass just keep telling urself that.
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    I try to walk as much as possible...........but it's not east for sure! keep tryin though and it will pass!
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    No advice from me either! Its tough! I was doing the a couple of weeks ago! Keep it out of the house for sure! Try a cup of coffee! Sometimes that helps me!

Good luck!
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I had this exact problem a week ago:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/126144-ladies-that-time-of-the-month-snacking

Maybe some of those ideas will help?
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Vitatops triple chocolate muffin tops... Only 100 calories and 9g of fiber.. :smile:
  • amarie36
    amarie36 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm on my cycle now and I just keep drinking water, eating fruit and working out so that I dont think about eating anything bad. LOL
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Well, it comes round pretty regularly at my house ;) I try to up my water intake and up up up my exercise and go quite careful BUT I do always give in a little I think that if I am craving something sooooooooo much I should indulge and so long as I can pick it up the next day or day after then hey?????

My loss has been slow but sure, I am not going to be able to get to my goal in a rush so I am gonna plod, get there eventually and will have eaten chocolate and crisps along the way when I am due on! Find what works for you and what you are prepared to compromise on and away you go! Good luck!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I have it bad too!! STAY STRONG!!!

Try chocolate cheerios. I eat them dry, I don't like them with milk. You can have 3/4 cup for like 100 cals or something. Chocolate milk is also a good craving buster and it's super filling.
    Good luck!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    oh yeah i'm right there with ya...i'm mowing down on an orange right now hoping it will help...i've sucked back tons of water...and i'm just getting b!tchier and b!tchier...i think we just have to be strong lol
  • slg334
    slg334 Posts: 25
    Options
    I just started today and I'm like you around that time. I do give in to my temptation but I exercise more and drink lots of water. I love dark chocolate which is really good for you. I wouldn't say deprive yourself because that usually lead to binging.
  • PaisleyLotus
    PaisleyLotus Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How about dark chocolate with some fresh fruit???
  • kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Jello sugar free 60 calorie snack packs! They come in awesome flavors like banana fudge and dulce de leche and they are my savior!!!
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i try to eat a small portion of something like one cookie or a choc chewy granola bar for 100 calories after my meal when I am full, then I will drink a huge cup of hot tea or sugar free cocoa and I feel so full I cant eat anything if I wanted too.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Water, Midol and wine :flowerforyou:
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Totally understand - last month, I made my meals spicier, and it was at once really satisfying, but also it helped curb my appetite if I ate it slowly (which I had to do cuz of the heat!)
  • rensmom
    rensmom Posts: 13
    Options
    I try to eat a small portion of what I really crave. I am just finishing a 150-cal portion of bridge mix--but now I feel I've satisfied my craving and can eat better the rest of the day. I find that if I really have a craving and never get a taste, I will often end up eating everything else in sight anyway. So...I have a little of what I really want and can walk away feeling satisfied.

Hang in there!:smile:
  • rensmom
    rensmom Posts: 13
    Options
    I try to eat a small portion of what I really crave. I am just finishing a 150-cal portion of bridge mix--but now I feel I've satisfied my craving and can eat better the rest of the day. I find that if I really have a craving and never get a taste, I will often end up eating everything else in sight anyway. So...I have a little of what I really want and can walk away feeling satisfied.

Hang in there!:smile:
  • KnittingKnadine
    Options
    Emerald Nuts Cocoa Roasted Almonds. A good chocolatey taste for not a lot of calories. And a quarter of a cup is a pretty good serving size for me.
  • schro151
    schro151 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I have a chocolate fix, I go for sugar-free pudding, Jell-O sugar free mousse, chocolate flavored cereals or a sugar-free fudgesicle.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    When I eat bad stuff during my TOM it really drives me to eat more bad. Last month my period was a little bit early and totally caught me off guard. I had no bloating, no cravings, it was just a big surprise and I think it is because I am watching the salt and sugar. I swear the only reason I ever gained was from my period because other than that time of the month I otherwise behaved myself. Try to eat as balanced as you can, eat wholegrains, no sugar and you'll do fine.