Bad date experience

Options
2»

Replies

• kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My best friend dated a guy like this. This guy's not an idiot...he is abusive. It's not him being honest; he has distorted the truth to be abusive. Please don't go out with him again. My friend spent over a year with a guy like this, and years later he still haunts her.
  • pinkpascal
    pinkpascal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm gussing there was no second date. Dodged a bullet there. Seriously, I can MAYBE understand a comment if you'd posted a picture that was 50lbs lighter than your current weight (because that's very misleading - we all have physical preferences) but that was just plain rude.

Yeah deffo no second date!!! I didn't finish the first one, I made my excuses and left. I deliberately used a picture where I was heavier so no one could say that I was deceiving them by making them think I was thinner but maybe the camera doesn't add 10 pounds after all!!!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Mark it down to experience, practice saying "no thanks" on him, and keep looking. There are nice guys out there, but this one isn't one of them! :flowerforyou:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he might have been "negging." Jerk.
    THIS

No second date for that one!
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish I could do internet dating, just to see this world of insanity.

It can be quite maddening if you're not thick skinned and ready to be openly judged without restraint. You have to become proficient at sniffing out the BS before you buy into it and no when to haul butt when that BS meter goes off. LOL

It's like working a second job filtering through the scammers from nigeria, chatting up people of interest, and then getting an email from their wife telling you to leave their husband alone! <rolls eyes>

I gave up on the insanity.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is a perfect example of "it's not me, it's you".

What a Fwit. He's probably got a tiny one. I hope you excused yourself and left him sitting there with his friends to keep him company.

Next time you have the unfortunate experience of meeting someone like this, say "I was expecting someone different as well" and leave.
  • Carissa145
    Carissa145 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Uh...wow. You didn't punch him? Or pick yourself up and leave, make a scene and leave him to pay the bill? You've got WAY more self control than I do!

What a rude little berk, hope he enjoys killing all his potential relationships.

This all the way!
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    He sounds like an idiot. You can do better. :)

I agree with this
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    This evening I went on a date with a guy I had been chatting to on a dating site. It seemed to be going well until out of the blue he mentions that I look fatter in person than I do on my pictures. These pictures were taken at my highest weight and I've manages to lose 11lbs since those pictures have been taken. Not only that he also asked if I could take my glasses off because he didn't like them and preferred to date girls who didn't wear them. It shouldn't have been a shock to him because I were them in all my pictures so there was no false 'advertising' at all.
    I know it shouldn't get to me but it has, I finally decide to start dating again and then end up going on my first date with this guy :(

The goal of a LOSER/PREDATOR is to Control. If he can break you down he has you right where he wants you...looking to HIM for acceptance and affirmation. RUN, Run Fast and Do NOT look back! Do NOT believe what he said believe in you or More of his TYPE will come a-knockin'. Look at this as a TEST, make Sure you pass it or you WILL have to take it over and over and over again Until you DO pass! Maybe you should take more time to work on you, and maybe while you are doing that the right guy will come along. Remember: Working on YOU does not just mean physical!
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    Ugh! so sorry to hear that!!! He's such a dbag......please don't take it to heart, I heard first person you meet on dating sites never works out >_<
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Rude. Next!
  • Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    douche' brush it off guys gonna die alone...NEXT!!!

This! ^
    |
  • BeckyD1105
    BeckyD1105 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Well at least you found out what a jerk he was before wasting much time on him.
  • EmpressOrange
    Options
    Wow, so mean. Either he's an idiot with no social skills or like someone mentioned he was "negging".
    Delete or block him from everything.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I would have left that mfkr sitting right there!

He obviously did you a favor...you don't want that type of person in your life. He would have been toxic!
  • nikkiclaire123
    Options
    i know its hard but dont let it get to you. your worth so much more than that. the guy is just superficial