Wii Fit Weigh-In??

gillian_gail
gillian_gail Posts: 66
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
So...I know you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday. But, I use the Wii fit and it gives you your weight everyday. So, is this something I should just ignore and only post my progress once a week? Or, if there's a change in my weight (be it up or down) should I just change my weight honestly on here?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and as always thank you in advance for any responses. :flowerforyou:

-Gillian-

Replies

• chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    I think it's up to you. If you want to do it everyday, then maybe you can see what which foods you're eating is making yoru weight go up and vice versa?
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    I use the Wii to but only post my progress on here. To me if I posted it like the Wii it would be to disappointing, its bad enoug to see it on the Wii everyday. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    Anyways thats my 2 cents!
  • maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    I do Wii Fit also. I just enter my weight on MFP once a week or just when I see it going down. I've noticed some people do it more often. So its up to you really. My weight fluctuates so much one day to the next, even from morning to evening. If I kept entering my little gains I would get discouraged.
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Personally, I think it depends on the type of diet plan you’re following.

For example, if you’re doing a calorie counting/exercise plan then I would pick a day once a week and log your weight on those days.

People who are on other diets that have extremely low daily caloric intakes (like HCG) should be tracking their weight daily because if they are not losing, their healthcare provider should know this to adjust their injection meds.

GL… HTH.
  • MzToyah
    MzToyah Posts: 27 Member
    I use to the wii too and I only update MFP wheneve i've lost! :)
  • I use the wii fit as well almost every single day. I only enter my weight about every 3 days or so on MFP! One day this week I gained 1.1lbs and I didn't enter it.

I say do it once or twice a week, or as you lose weight.
  • toniz63
    toniz63 Posts: 13
    I check my weight everyday and record changes, up or down. This is really only accurate if you do it at the same time everyday. The most accurate weight measurement is first thing in the morning (although you weigh the least in the middle of the night when the moon is the farthest from Earth due to gravitational pull!). If you are using the Wii fit at the same time everyday then the weight is likely to be accurate. If your times vary, your weight will fluctuate as well and I would track only once a week.
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    I use the wii fit plus almost every day - trying to do better. I don't use the weight from the wii because it is lower than my bathroom scale which is the scale I used to record my starting weight on MFP. If the wii is the only scale you are using, then I would suggest you record your weight once a week. Otherwise I think you would get frustrated if the numbers aren't what you would like for them to be.

Also, I don't always do the body test just so I don't know what the weight is for that particular day. Good luck to you.:drinker:
  • I use wii fit plus everyday for 1 to 1 1/2 hour. My weight fluctuates during the week. So I only weigh myself every monday and my scale and wii are the same.
This discussion has been closed.