Carbs

Options
I am having trouble cutting back on my carbs.. I always manage to go over them. Any suggestions on low carb snacks or meals? I picked up some whole wheat pita bread, which I like alot!!!!

Replies

• Maraposaunika
    Maraposaunika Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble cutting back on my carbs.. I always manage to go over them. Any suggestions on low carb snacks or meals? I picked up some whole wheat pita bread, which I like alot!!!!
  • aprilsmith1979
    Options
    sugar free jello pudding helps my chocolate cravings and cottage cheese & string cheese are great.. apples with peanut butter and hummas with baby carrots. It works!!
  • AJneuro
    AJneuro Posts: 33
    Options
    Western Bagel Company makes a variety of bread products that aremuch lower in carbs than their normal versions: alternative bagels, Perfect-10 bagel, and english muffins and pita bread.

Also, sarah lee delightful and 45 calories bread is good at just 9g carbs per slice!

Put cauliflower in a food processor and chop into very small pieces, microwave for 1-2 minutes and use as a substitute for rice

Spaghetti squash can be subbed for noodles -- i looked online on how to prepare it
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    i'm not any help since i eat pretty much majority of my carbs a day, but good luck! lol
    sorry.. just wanted to be supportive! :flowerforyou:
  • AJneuro
    Options
    And -- Dryer's slow churned no sugar added, 1/2 the fat cookie dough ice cream -- like 16 grams of carbs and 3g sugar in 1/2 cup!
  • AJneuro
    Options
    Sorry -- two more things!
    Almond breeze original, unsweetened is a great sub for milk with only 3 carbs in one cup
    Special K protein plus cereal and Hi-Lo vanilla almond cereal are both low in carbs and high in fiber and protein!
    THat's all -- i promise!
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kashi go lean cereal is great (the high fiber/protein kind)
    here's an amazingly yummy smoothie recipie for ya: (about 130 calories)

1 (6 oz.) container of dannon light n fit yogurt (or 3/4 cup)
    1/2 cup milk
    5 or 6 strawberries
    2-3 packets of splenda (i personally use 2 pkts stevia, its a natural sweetener)
    enough ice to make it thick (about a cup)

blend on high until thick and creamy
    sometimes i add 1/2 a banana (but this adds a lot more carbs)
  • Maraposaunika
    Maraposaunika Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... I'm doing my biweekly grocery shopping tomorrow and needed some ideas!
  • dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    Options
    go nuts with nuts..they are loaded with protein and fat and make you feel satisfied longer. also you can buy some tofu, it is low in carb but good source of protein and good fat. if you like you can stuff the pita bread with cooked egg whites, vegetables and fat free cheese..it make a balanced and nutritious meal. good luck hope this helps :bigsmile: