I just don't like water

Options
Man it is SOOOO hard for me to get the proper amount of water everyday. I have just recently bumped up my consumption to 2 water bottles a day (so about 4 cups). Which is a HUGE deal for me because I usually have to force myself to finish 1 water bottle a day. How in the world am I supposed to get myself to drink 8 cups a day?!

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    chug chug chug. Thats how I do it. I don't like to sip water. I chug it like crazy.
  • MzToyah
    MzToyah Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you can, see if you can find the flavor packets and use them but only the ones that says zero calories.
    Some people like water very cold or room temperture, so see which one you like best.
    Also, drinking just lemon water is very good for you. See if that works.

I love water. I can drink it all day. But besides water I also drink diet green tea by turkey hill. That has zero calories as well.
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    add some flavor to it like a little lemon or something
  • horchler
    Options
    tea, especially green tea, is how I supplement mine.
  • indigloworm
    Options
    i don't really like it either. But I have tried to flavor it and it helps. I have done lemon and lime juice, both have a distinct flavor and something I haven't tried yet but have heard great things about is Sassy water. Sassy water has lemon, ginger, mint flavors in it; it sounds delicious. I can't quite remember all the ingredients and proportions but I originally found it online so just google it. There is also crystal light flavor packets that have 0 calories, this has helped me introduce a little variety. And if you like unsweetened tea, that is a good alternative too. Good luck! :drinker:
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I can only drink room temp water or flavored water. I like the fruit H2O. I just make sure I log the sodium (it's not too much though).
  • toniz63
    toniz63 Posts: 13
    Options
    Special K (and I'm sure other diet plans) have flavor packets that you can add to your water without adding tons of calories. You can also look at Crystal Light. They have a huge variety of 0 calorie flavor packets to make it easier to drink.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light 5 cal packets are great for water-haters. I personally hate any flavor in my water...but my wife loves the Crystal Light.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to stay away from other drinks to enjoy water, if i drink even a little pop or juice im back to hating water, it takes about a week for me to get used to drinking water again...
  • beezalar
    Options
    My daughter always hated water. all she ever drank is sprite or coke. she started drinking water with lemon in it and got used to it. Has lost 35 lbs in 5 months with this site, walking and water. so I say suck it up and learn to like it ....helps to melt away the fat. If you drink it enough you will get used to it. the flavors have calories even if its not much, it still is not needed. save your calorie intake for FOOD, not drink!
  • rachelc96
    Options
    i personally like water, but sometimes i'm not in the mood for that tasteless flavor so i like to add sugar- free crystal light. they have all different flavors, but you can't drink to much of it because it contains aspartame (bad chemical in sugar- free foods!) but a couple times a day isn't going to hurt or affect weight loss (:
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just make sure I don't have anything else around other than water! Another great thing I always get at the spa is Cucumber Water, its sooo delish, and utterly refreshing!
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I agree with the chug comment... I always tell myself if I don't finish this by X time, I will chug it until it's gone. Then I fill it up and give myself another time limit.

I don't have a problem with water, but I do like to go the Crystal Light route sometimes! It helps me drink it faster.

As for people saying add tea, I have heard that you shouldn't count that as your "water intake" because it is a diuretic...
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I use the crystal light packets for my first 2 cups to get myself going, and then switch to plain water. I like the Wild Strawberry Energy ones, and the Raspberry Peach Fiber ones.
    :drinker:
  • Rivka74
    Rivka74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this, I also am a water hater and I STILL have yet to dive into the commitment of it. Next time I am going to the store I am going to try some flavor packets as well as lemon and lime squeezers. I understand the importance if it, it doesnt make it any easier. I was glad to see so many posts for ideas! Good luck!
  • Theps
    Theps Posts: 15
    Options
    I use to never drink water. HATED it!!! Then the world introduced me to kidney stones. That got me drinking really quick. If I don't keep up my water consumption I will have another attack. I started by chewing gum while drinking water. I just couldn't stand the taste of water. Then I would put it in a big cup with ice and use a straw to drink it. It was the only way to get a lot down without having to taste it so much. It's been 10 years now since I started drinking water. I can drink it now without gum but it still isn't my pick of beverage. And I still use a straw. Can't stand my water without a straw. Weird huh! Good Luck!
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You might also find that a tiny bit of one flavor packet goes a long way. I sometimes put about a tablespoon of orange juice in a glass of ice water just to change things up, or use a couple tablespoons of iced tea.

I FEEL so much better when I drink the water (and when my 8 cups of liquid is mostly water for the day), I just need my mouth to understand!