low calorie cake

Options
mevelt83
mevelt83 Posts: 30 Member
Do anyone know how to make low calorie cake? I need some receipes for my sweet tooth. :)

Replies

• jmbond06
    jmbond06 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I make the 3.2.1 cake. You just mix a box of angelfood cake mix with a box of whatever flavor you like. Then whenever you want a cake you take 3 tablespoons of the mix, 2 tablespoons of water, and microwave it for 1 minute. You get a really tasty 100 calorie cake :)
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Low calorie and cake should never be used in the same sentence. ;-)
  • SlinkySpencer
    SlinkySpencer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I don't really know of a tasty low cal cake, other than angel food. But I have a few suggestions for making regular cake less stressful.

*You can usually replace oil with unsweetened apple sauce.
    *Ditch frosting for some whipped topping and fruit. That might save you some calories, depending on what you use.
    *After you make and ice your cake, freeze the slices/cupcakes you aren't going to use immediately. (Tupperware works fine.) That way you won't be tempted to eat two or three servings. Any day you decide you have the free calories for cake, you can simply lay out one serving to defrost for a bit.
    *Make it into cupcakes so that way you can be a little more accurate with the serving size.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    LOWEE CALL CARROT CAKE
    12 Servings at about 175 calories per serving (use Splenda to save even more calories)

Ingredients:
    2 tablespoons apple butter
    1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
    3/4 cup of eggs
    1/2 cup of sugar (or Splenda)
    1/2 cup of brown sugar
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    2 cups flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    3 teaspoons cinnamon
    3 cups of grated carrots

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Coat a baking pan with non-fat cooking spray.
    In a mixing bowl, combine the apple butter, applesauce, eggs, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
    Next, slowly add flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon to the mixture.
    Blend until all of the ingredients are moistened.
    Lightly mix in the grated carrots.
    Pour into baking pan.
    Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes.
    After your cake is done cooking, allow it to reach room temperature and then spread cream cheese frosting on top or sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Another option is to use fat-free Cool Whip as a topping.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Do anyone know how to make low calorie cake? I need some receipes for my sweet tooth. :)

28umyjd.jpg

^This or look in Pinterest for ideas.

ETA: In all honesty though, just bake a normal one and mind your servings. Think cupcake/muffin size or even minis.
  • dogwalk
    dogwalk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    !box of dry chocolate cake mix, add 1 small can solid packed pumpkin mix well spray bunt pan and bake 350 for 40min I know sounds really strange but its low Cal and I thought good, can have frosting drizzled on top, I was really reluctant to try it ,but I did and I liked it! Try it and let me know what you think
  • Giget
    Giget Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I combined a Duncan Hines yellow cake mix with a can of diet sierra mist( minus 3 oz) and baked it for the required amount of time.....topped with fresh strawberries and a little whip....really good!!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    !box of dry chocolate cake mix, add 1 small can solid packed pumpkin mix well spray bunt pan and bake 350 for 40min I know sounds really strange but its low Cal and I thought good, can have frosting drizzled on top, I was really reluctant to try it ,but I did and I liked it! Try it and let me know what you think

Here is a similar one that is good with a spice cake mix and 1 can pure pumpkin. It was so much better the second day. Must be refrigerated.

Another one is an Angel Food Cake Mix and a can of low-fat cherry pie filling. Only 2 ingredients. I've used other pie fillings successfully with this but the cherry one is our favorite.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I make the 3.2.1 cake. You just mix a box of angelfood cake mix with a box of whatever flavor you like. Then whenever you want a cake you take 3 tablespoons of the mix, 2 tablespoons of water, and microwave it for 1 minute. You get a really tasty 100 calorie cake :)

^^
    Am so trying this! Thanks for the recipe.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

^^
    Am so trying this! Thanks for the recipe.

I've done it with chocolate fudge cake mix. It's good!
  • BLNKSN
    BLNKSN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump