Hey I'm new lol I want to lose lower stomach fat.

Options
francescahh
francescahh Posts: 19
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
http://i.imgur.com/XIXvYE1.jpg this me (well my body).

You see I'm skinny and all but I don't exercise and 50% eat healthy, as in I don't try I just equally enjoy junk and health food. When I weigh myself I'm 115-125 on any given day and a whopping 5 feet tall. Apparently what I'm saying just sounds stupid so how do I lose my lower stomach fat to have a flat stomach instead of the curve at the end without losing my boobs? You can definitely notice if I tried to wear a tight dress or a half shirt.

Side note I'm porcelain white (absolutely no tan)..would that somehow make me look fitter if I got a tan? lol

Replies

• lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

stereotypical 'perfect body'

That being said I don't want to lose my boobs or butt in the process.

Side note I'm porcelain white (absolutely no tan)..would that somehow make me look fitter if I got a tan? lol

ugh....so many things I would like to say, but I'm sure others will jump on it soon enough.
  • francescahh
    Options
    YOU HAVE A NICE BODY TEACH ME, PREACH ME, INSULT ME GO JUST HELP ME!!!

edit: I'll change my paragraph then sorry if it sounds ignorantlol
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You cannot choose where the fat comes from when you lose weight unless you do it with lipo surgery.

There's nothing wrong with different body types at healthy weights. At 5' tall I do not know how much weight you could afford to lose, so I'm not going to guess at it. BMI charts do not take your lean muscle into account, but if you don't work out . . . *shrugs* you could try a body fat calculator to see what's up.

But again, you cannot choose where body fat comes from if you cut calories.

Why not just wear clothing that flatters your body type and stature? Like, ya know, wearing pants or skirts that rest on your hips instead of at your mons pubis. Then the 'curve' that bothers you won't be so obvious.
  • francescahh
    Options
    You cannot choose where the fat comes from when you lose weight unless you do it with lipo surgery.

There's nothing wrong with different body types at healthy weights. At 5' tall I do not know how much weight you could afford to lose, so I'm not going to guess at it. BMI charts do not take your lean muscle into account, but if you don't work out . . . *shrugs* you could try a body fat calculator to see what's up.

But again, you cannot choose where body fat comes from if you cut calories.

Why not just wear clothing that flatters your body type and stature? Like, ya know, wearing pants or skirts that rest on your hips instead of at your mons pubis. Then the 'curve' that bothers you won't be so obvious.

I might just be putting words in your mouth here, but are you trying to say that's just how my body is and there's nothing I can do? :l
  • nerge
    nerge Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think we all have our ideas and notions about what we want to lose so this should be a judgment free zone. From what I know/have been told. Try to make sure you have a protein heavy diet and diminish the amount of sugars that you are consuming - eggs for brekkie tuna for lunch etc. And then do some resistance training - kettlebell swings are meant to be good for your core. hope that helps! :)
  • francescahh
    Options
    thank you very much :)
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm saying that I do not know if you are overweight for your height. If you are and choose to lose to achieve a healthy weight range, which you might already be at, you cannot choose where the fat loss will occur.
  • francescahh
    Options
    I'm saying that I do not know if you are overweight for your height. If you are and choose to lose to achieve a healthy weight range, which you might already be at, you cannot choose where the fat loss will occur.

Yeah I don't know if I'm overweight either. And if I am I don't even mind it because I do like that I don't have bone thin thighs and such lol. My only really 'problem area' is my lower stomach. Thank you for the tip though I think changing my clothing style would definitely help but of course that costs money! I'll have to do something about it gradually :p
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Plastic surgery is always an option...
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we can't choose where we lose fat, it's all about genetics.

You have a lovely figure, subtract a moderate deficit from your TDEE and start lifting weights, evaluate in a month and tweak from there.
  • ndj1979
    Options

ugh....so many things I would like to say, but I'm sure others will jump on it soon enough.
    Bahahaha you should of let loose!!!!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz has alot of ideas about losing belly fat.

Dr-Oz-cover-Shrink-Belly-Fat.jpg
  • ndj1979
    Options

Dr-Oz-cover-Shrink-Belly-Fat.jpg

Dr oz is an idiot
  • francescahh
    Options

Bahahaha you should of let loose!!!!

Yep, feel free to put me in my place!
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    like everyone else, i havent found a way to lose just the fat i want to lose. its not possible, but that doesnt mean you cant do workouts to target specific areas. if i were you id combine cardio with some core exercises. yes, youll probably lose weight other places too but only you can decide if that is worth it. good luck!
  • francescahh
    Options

Suppose that there is no harm in checking it out, at the least.
  • francescahh
    Options
    Unfortunately we can't choose where we lose fat, it's all about genetics.

You have a lovely figure, subtract a moderate deficit from your TDEE and start lifting weights, evaluate in a month and tweak from there.
    Thank you.
    like everyone else, i havent found a way to lose just the fat i want to lose. its not possible, but that doesnt mean you cant do workouts to target specific areas. if i were you id combine cardio with some core exercises. yes, youll probably lose weight other places too but only you can decide if that is worth it. good luck!

Damn that sucks lol. Thank you :)
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Okay.

So, even though you can't control where the fat disappears from, I'm going to say based on your picture that it isn't likely to shrink the girls because you actually seem to have a fairly slim waist already.

Mine got bigger with working out. Like magic.

ETA: Not actually magic. My boobs just didn't deflate, but the area beneath them did.

I don't think you actually need to lose any fat at all. You look great to me. If you want to improve, maybe just tone up? That's what I would do.

This site has a really great aspect of the tracking that logs the nutritional stats and you can see whether you've had enough Vitamin C, for example. If you do decide to tone up, pay more attention to that. It's a really great help.

Anyway, this is all just opinion on my part.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Suppose that there is no harm in checking it out, at the least.

I was only kidding. Dr Oz is a quack. Please disregard my post. :wink:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - in all seriousness you cannot spot reduce.

If you want to firm up and lose some body fat, I would suggest the following:

1. eat in a daily calorie deficit of about 500 calories
    2. familiarize yourself with compound lifts - deadlifts, squats, over head press, pull ups, chin ups, bench press, rows - once you have, start a program where you are doing a total body work out three times a week and hitting - legs/back/shoulders/arms..
    3. mix in some cardio two to three times a week...
    4. keep repeating for ever...:)

You can eat some "junk" but just make sure you stay in calorie deficit
This discussion has been closed.