Feeling deprived!

Options
Ugh I really must be addicted too food or something because I am still starving even though I have eaten 15000 calories today!

Is it normal to still feel hungry even though I've eaten enough all day :(

I have my goals set to sedentary although I have two small children and workout 5 X's a week. I also have it set to lose 1.5 pounds a week.

This is my first week really hammering at this and I feel deprived.

Replies

• Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Also I am 24 5'7 and overweight at 195 lbs. Feel free to critique diary lol
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Ugh I really must be addicted too food or something because I am still starving even though I have eaten 15000 calories today!

Is it normal to still feel hungry even though I've eaten enough all day :(

I have my goals set to sedentary although I have two small children and workout 5 X's a week. I also have it set to lose 1.5 pounds a week.

This is my first week really hammering at this and I feel deprived.

Change yourself to lightly active, make sure you're eating half of your work out calories (or so) and if you still have problem with adherence consider moving your goal to a pound a week.

And consider eating more protein. I hear that leaves people feeling fuller longer.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    Okay. I can't help but feel guilty about raising my activity lvl like if I do that I might not lose weight.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Eat more green veggies, they are low in calories and high in volume to keep you full.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    Yes I probably could use more green veggies in my life. Thanks.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Okay. I can't help but feel guilty about raising my activity lvl like if I do that I might not lose weight.

Give it a month. If you aren't losing weight adjust back down. It's not a race and taking time to do things properly is worth the effort and time.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    There is no actual food in your diary. It is all bread and snacks it looks like. Eat real food like 3 eggs in the morning, ham sandwhich at lunch, and 8 oz chicken breast at dinner.
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    For your food, try calculating the calories per gram, and if it packs more than 4 calories per gram don't eat it.

That'll get rid of the chocolate, cookies, etc. Then if you eat 1500 calories of food that fit that measure, I'm sure you'll be full.

Alternately, just don't eat anything with sugar in it.

Alternately, just feel hungry and remind yourself that if you're hungry, you're losing weight, so hunger is good.

Good luck!

Osric

[And of course, I can't help myself, I have to recommend trendweight.com for graphing - it'll give you positive feedback every day!]
    4w.png
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    Also I am 24 5'7 and overweight at 195 lbs. Feel free to critique diary lol

I'm 5'1" and at 145lbs and I eat between 1300 and 1500 calories a day. In order to maintain my weight as it is I should eat about 1800 calories. So 1300 calories for you seem on the low end making it hard to keep to an unrealistic goal.

When I started on mfp I set my activity level to low and I was told to eat 1100 calories a day, but when I tried I was always hungry and as a result eating to much. Unless you are in a coma, you have at least an activity level of low.

That said: There's a lot of little things you can remove or change up a little to lower your numbers. Boiled instead of fried egg (I assume because of the pam), skip the coffee creamer, skip the butter if you can, eat food with higher fiber content (keeps you feeling full longer), how about some fresh veggies, and snack on fruit or veggies
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    And I'm going to leave you links to my favourite fitness tumblrs that answer questions and and gives good tips.

http://supremefitnesss.tumblr.com/
    http://the-exercist.tumblr.com/
    http://fittestofthe*****es.tumblr.com/
    http://skinny-healthy-confident.tumblr.com/
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Give it a month. If you aren't losing weight adjust back down. It's not a race and taking time to do things properly is worth the effort and time.

Yep!
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When I feel like I need to eat more, I workout harder so that I can. I find that baked organic chicken breast and baked salmon are great with a light salad for lunch of dinner. I also love egg whites cooked in olive oil and spinach sauteed in olive oil and fresh garlic for breakfast. When I'm lazy, having boiled eggs in the fridge helps. I pop one of those for a snack sometimes instead of sweets. But of course there are times (especially at social events) that I see some super deelish appetizers, entrees, desserts and I cave in. That's when I have to workout even more or I feel guilty, guilty, guilty.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the wonderful tips!