CLUELESS ABOUT MACRONUTRIENTS

Options
I have searched the board and yes there are discussions on how to calc macronturients but to he honest it's all still alien to me. So if anyone could help me out and in very basic layman terms (shaking my head at myself as I type this) on how I can calculate or estimate the macronutrient splits I should be eating each day to lose weight.

I am 5''11, my start weight was 206lbs, Current weight is 186lbs, Goal weight is between 145 and 150lbs. I workout 5times a week -- elliptical, treadmill, kickboxing, spinning, circuit training and weight training (3times a week). I have learnt that my body does not respond well to carbs -- rice, pasta, bread even whole wheat bread or brown rice. My tummy just bloats up and I end up feeling extremely uncomfortable.

thanks!!!!

Replies

• bebifal
    bebifal Posts: 98
    Options
    nothing? no one can help me? bummer big time
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    About 1g of protein per per lb, about 0.5g of fat per lb, and the rest carbs. You can adjust it by increasing protein or fats if you dont react well to carbs.
  • bebifal
    bebifal Posts: 98
    Options
    thank you!! I will start out with that and adjust if necessary like you recommended.