Amazing NSV this morning

Options
benol1
benol1 Posts: 867 Member
I put my new jeans on this morning - the ones I bought a couple of weeks ago, that were several sizes smaller than my previous jeans. They were a bit snug.. As my friends will tell you, I burned nearly 1200 kcal yesterday from running/jogging on the treadmill and a super-intense "express" RPM class.

So, this morning my legs, butt and shoulders were still aching and I thought to myself - oh well, my legs are probably still a bit puffed up from yesterday when I noticed my new jeans were a snug fit.

Anyway, I just did a double take when I discovered my new jeans were on the line. So, the jeans I am wearing are actually... my wife's. Given that she is quite a bit smaller (thinner) than I am - she is a size 12 (British sizing). The last time I could fit into her jeans was in 1992 when we were both living off two-minute noodles.

I can't believe it! I can tell you the expletives of surprise have been running thick and fast in my head. Anyway, I better take my wife's jeans off and put my own back on.

Anyway, I am feeling great about this NSV. All the hard work, all the difficult changes, they're paying me health and well-being dividends in spades.

And please - no jokes about cross-dressing. Well, maybe one or two!
I hope you are all having a brilliant day!
kind regards,

Ben

Replies

• marianb2001
    marianb2001 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That is funny and awesome at the same time. What a way to have an NSV. Thanks for sharing!

edited for poor spelling
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Nice :)
  • teaparty75
    Options
    LOL...luv it !!! now thats a NSV
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. On another note, when my DAD fit into my jeans in high school is when I decided that I needed to get in shape... (and I did, then I got a desk job!)

Great NSV!
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My husband has been quite a bit smaller than me since before we met so I look forward to the day I fit in HIS pants-congrats for you! (And don't worry about the cross dressing joke...there's much worse ones on "congrats on getting in your wife's pants" with a wink and a nod ;)
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!

That's outstanding!
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    :laugh: ! But don't tell your wife. At least for me it would be very depressing if my bf would fit into my trousers
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Now THAT is an NSV! I am sure your wife doesn't mind sharing in this case. ;)
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    well done you :happy:

(but are you sure you don't prefer the skinny bootcut low-rise.......:tongue: )
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    :laugh: ! But don't tell your wife. At least for me it would be very depressing if my bf would fit into my trousers

Awesome (and hilarious!) NSV for you, but I agree with ^this^. I'm sure you want to burst out and tell her since it's an awesome story, but I would avoid telling your wife. Even if I were also losing (or already at goal weight), I would not like to know that my husband fit into my jeans.
  • ashleymm625
    Options
    lol thats awesome!!! congratulations! fitting into jeans is the BEST nsv! (in my opinion)
  • ashleymm625
    Options

Awesome (and hilarious!) NSV for you, but I agree with ^this^. I'm sure you want to burst out and tell her since it's an awesome story, but I would avoid telling your wife. Even if I were also losing (or already at goal weight), I would not like to know that my husband fit into my jeans.

agreed! lol
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Haha, that's great! I would be extremely amused and pleased if I were you!
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT NSV!!!! I must admit, if I ever saw my husband in my britches, I'd LMBO but I guess as long as you don't parade around town in them you're good to go! :laugh: :wink:
  • ricomincia
    ricomincia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! :D Always great when something like this happens! Great work and keep it up!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    lol... this was hilarious, but congrats! I have to say though, I'm kind of the same... trying on hubby's pants instead. He's taller and (much) thinner than me. I've just recently started to weigh less than him, which was a VERY happy moment for me. I'll have to see if I fit in his pants (waist-wise... no way I could grow 8+" taller, lol) yet.

hehe, yeah, fun NSV! :)
  • ramblinritz
    ramblinritz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What an NSV and you're brave enough to tell it. I think it's great.
  • ahopefulloser
    ahopefulloser Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My husband has been quite a bit smaller than me since before we met so I look forward to the day I fit in HIS pants-congrats for you! (And don't worry about the cross dressing joke...there's much worse ones on "congrats on getting in your wife's pants" with a wink and a nod ;)

Same here, my husband is considerably smaller than I am (different bone structure). I don't know that I'll ever fit into his jeans but I hope to fit into some of his t-shirts some day.
  • running_tall
    running_tall Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Made me smile this morning!!! Congrats!
  • Just_Wil
    Just_Wil Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Nice work man! Thank you for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!