Let me know if my diet is good to lose weight fast?

Options
Hey guys i started weight loss regime on 26th august 2013 and at that time i was 75Kg. Today i am 71Kg but i am not very much happy as the weight loss is too slow :(... i have been doing treadmill+little yoga+aerobic. In addition to that i have been taking into account my calorie count. Now i am a little demotivated since yesterday as i dont feel a great difference in myself plus its been sooooo slow...so for a change i want to alter my diet a bit..let me know if thats okay to lose weight fast:

BREAKFAST
1 omelette+2 bran bread slices+a cup of tea with little milk

AROUND 11:00AM
an apple

2:00PM
low fat yogurt

7:00PM
1 brown pita bread with some homemade curry

is the diet okay? i hate doing workout now especially cardio :(

Replies

• Featherweighttt
    Featherweighttt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough to fit your macro or micro nutrient quotas, it's also impossible to tell what you're eating from vague descriptions like 'omelette' and 'home made curry'... these could either be very low cal or ladened with fat, depending on how they are made. Also you haven't listed ANY vegetables, with only one piece of fruit.

Basically no, this isn't a good diet to lose weight or even survive on. It's unhealthy in tonnes of ways.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey guys i started weight loss regime on 26th august 2013 and at that time i was 75Kg. Today i am 71Kg but i am not very much happy as the weight loss is too slow :(... i have been doing treadmill+little yoga+aerobic. In addition to that i have been taking into account my calorie count. Now i am a little demotivated since yesterday as i dont feel a great difference in myself plus its been sooooo slow...so for a change i want to alter my diet a bit..let me know if thats okay to lose weight fast:

BREAKFAST

an apple

low fat yogurt

wheres the rest of the food?

plus think about adding some resistance/strength training into your routine.
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything you eat on a food scale. Track everything in grams or ounces (or if it's only entered in MFP as the serving "1/2 cup" but the label says 60 grams, say you served yourself 30g - input 0.5 serving) If you make curry, weigh all your ingredients and use the MFP recipe calculator. This is the MOST IMPORTANT THING you can do. You have to track your calories precisely.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

BREAKFAST

an apple

low fat yogurt

The reason you are losing weight so slowly is because you are eating like a child.

The faster you want to lose it, the quicker you will fail.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Dont undereat, if you undereat you will never be lean because you will be losing too much lean body mass. Add in some strength training while eating a deficit, it will help to retain your muscles while losing weight, thus lowering your bodyfat percentage. A lower bodyfat percentage will make you more lean and tight.
  • chimanlifts1
    Options
    Throwing a daily food log out there won't do much good, particularly with no indication of ingredients or portion sizes. Just make sure you follow your appropriate macros, incorporate weight training 3-5 times a week, and you'll be on the fast track. If you absolutely hate cardio, don't feel obligated to go run 5 miles a day-losing weight is 80% nutrition anyway, particularly in the beginning. That being said, your daily intake doesn't seem substantial enough for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, unless you're extremely sedentary. Up the protein and fats and it'll help with your satiety and energy for maintaining workouts.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss isn't all that slow like your saying. I just did a google on what 75kg = 165lbs and 71 kg = 156lbs. So you have lost 9lbs in 6 weeks. that isn't bad. You should be striving to lose 1 to 2 lbs a week for it to be a healthy weight loss. Also if you lose faster than this, you will 99.9% gain it right back with more on top of it. You also will most likely get saggy, lose skin too if you lose too fast.

Why are you in such a hurry to loss weight so fast and then to not have a proper diet that will let you lose the weight, but also is healthy for you.. Veggies, fruits, etc. Basic food groups.

I also agree with others that your diet is not any good and you need to eat more.

It would also help us if we all could see your food diary, to get a glimps of more than one day to see if other days maybe better for you than what you posted.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My one year old eats more than you.

Eat more. Its as easy as that.
  • mssaudi
    mssaudi Posts: 14
    Options
    thank u all...ok i will soon post my new diet in my diary and let u know about my new diet regime....but I HATE TO DO WORKOUT :sad:
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    My rate of weight loss is the same as yours... I started around the same time, too. :wink:
    1-2 pounds (0.5-1 Kilo)/a week is great.

What is it about working out that you don't like? Perhaps would you be able to find something that you enjoy that doesn't feel like "working out"? Even if just a simple walk or bike ride?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    thank u all...ok i will soon post my new diet in my diary and let u know about my new diet regime....but I HATE TO DO WORKOUT :sad:

Then don't exercise. If your only goal is weight loss all you have to do I eat at a calorie deficit.

But remember there are many reasons other than weight why one should lead an active lifestyle.
  • ozofeliz
    ozofeliz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    44 kgs in 4 years 3 months 12 days. Please , don't **** yourself ( sorry, but you must listen this ).
  • erica12345678
    Options
    You have to have a caloric deficit. Let's say if you normally burn 1400 calories then you eat let's say 1100. The second thing is that cardio is not that effective at helping you lose weight and instead you should be resistence exercises or exercises that use your body weight. This way you can shorten your workouts but they'll be more effective.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    If you eat the same thing everyday, you're gonna have a bad time...

How to diet for weight loss in 1 sentence: Set a calorie goal incorporating a moderate deficit, and set proper macronutrient goals, and eat whatever you'd like that helps you reach them.

The end
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you eat. Eat what you like. Just stop eating when you've reached an appropriate calorie limit for the day. It's not rocket surgery.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    To the OP: if you don't want to exercise, don't. I hate exercise too, haven't done any for the last few months and have been losing weight just fine. All you need is a calorie deficit. But you will need to eat enough to make sure you're not losing too much muscle. Like others have said, stick to your calories. That's all you need to do.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

Well I would agree with you on the workout front, I have plenty of excuses why I don't but it comes down to the fact that I don't want to find the extra time at the moment (I know that I will have to at some time in the future though)

So without exercise and a sedentary lifestyle (I spend 8 - 10 hours a day driving) I have lost 38 lbs in a little under 4 months and to me that is a little fast and I will be increasing my calorie goals next week.

Moral of the story? Weigh and log everything that passes your lips and stay at the calorie goal MFP sets for your lifestyle and weight loss goals and what do you know, you lose weight :happy: