Help needed please to unstick me!!

Options
Stuck at the same weight for months and am so fed up! Health not too good at moment so had to cut back on gym workouts as I had no energy, even walking is exhausting but after my bones don't ache as much so I go for a walk most days. I know I need to change my cal intake but I'm so confused anyone help me sort it?

Need to lose another 7kgs (around 14lbs) Be kind to me?!!:wink:

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,300 Member
    Options
    I wo uld guess most people will say at 1200 calories a day...you are not eating enough. Maybe bump your calories up to 1400 to see if that makes things move.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I wo uld guess most people will say at 1200 calories a day...you are not eating enough. Maybe bump your calories up to 1400 to see if that makes things move.

Yep. If you don't have enough energy to exercise then chances are you're not giving your body enough fuel.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Stuck at the same weight for months and am so fed up! Health not too good at moment so had to cut back on gym workouts as I had no energy, even walking is exhausting but after my bones don't ache as much so I go for a walk most days. I know I need to change my cal intake but I'm so confused anyone help me sort it?

What is your current weight and what health issues are you having that are preventing exercise?
    Are you using a food scale to weigh your food and do you log and track everything?

How long have you been stuck at the same weight and has your weight changed AT ALL in the past 4-6 weeks?
  • ladypenel
    ladypenel Posts: 88 Member
    Options

What is your current weight and what health issues are you having that are preventing exercise?
    Are you using a food scale to weigh your food and do you log and track everything?

How long have you been stuck at the same weight and has your weight changed AT ALL in the past 4-6 weeks?

I weigh everything I cook but sometimes with work can't so generally over estimate then as you never know what they put in it! Been stuck for 3 months, not gained but not lost either. Have AIH which they changed my meds for and compromised my immunity and have been suffering with various horrible viral infections for past 3 weeks and unable to work as I spike temps and muscle fatigue etc.
    I do more often than not, eat back any exercise cals and only log "real" exercise walks/jogs I also have tried to work out a new cal goal but I'm pants at maths,
    My weight currently is 79.2kgs (about 174.3lbs)

When in work I do a lot of long distance driving but try and run up stairs or park the furthest away to walk more!
  • ladypenel
    ladypenel Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Yep. If you don't have enough energy to exercise then chances are you're not giving your body enough fuel.

My lack of energy is due to current ill health but I recognise I need to adjust my cals as been stuck for several months now
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If you only have 14 pounds left to lose, you should have MFP set to lose a half pound a week. Then you should be eating the calories you are allotted. Make sure you are getting adequate protein and fats in your diet, too.