High Fiber / Low Carb Snacks

Options
Do they exist? What are some examples? Thanks!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

Fruits and veggies

I take snacks to the office:

one whole apple with skin and one tsp of peanut butter

1/4 cup bell pepper with one tsp hummus

1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1 cup pineapple chunks

Good luck in your journey
  • TwistDSG
    TwistDSG Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A couple apples throughout the day really help when it comes to fiber. Maybe a Fiber-One bar too.
  • lessac
    lessac Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Depends on your definition of snack, I guess. For me, a veggie omelette at midnight is a snack.

Blackberries and raspberries are reasonably good if you're looking for something sweet. They have low carb content and high fiber.

Aside from those, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, spinach all have low carbohydrate and high fiber, but not everyone likes these vegetables I guess. I love especially steamed broccoli with yogurt and chili pepper. Mushrooms also can be considered as moderate carb/moderate fiber food but since they're mostly water anyway, they're very diet friendly. Sauteed mushrooms is something I can eat anytime; add in some walnuts for crunch, toss them in salad etc.
  • SpeakToAmanda
    Options
    Apples are definitely a plus! I eat those and some peanut butter for energy. Many vegetables are also low carb, like celery, which has a lot of fiber in it too. Flax is good. Nuts, berries, and beans are also some options.

Good luck!