that moment when you surprise yourself

Options
Don't you just love that moment when you realize something different has happened -- and it's a good something? :)

I've been doing Zumba DVDs for quite awhile now and there is a move where they kick their knees up and wind their arm around in a big round circle at the same time, and I had never had the strength, endurance or flexibility to move along with them during that part..... until today. But I proudly did those kicks and swung my arm and was smiling big the whole time.

Have you had a similar experience?

Replies

• JennSever
    Options
    well, i have just recently gotten serious about weight loss and i went out on a limb and tried on pants.. (after only 9 dys of daily cardio) and was pleased to note that i am down one whole pant size. i couldn't believe it. so yea, i was pleasantly surprised that by doing "all the right things" i have noticed a change.
    it's such a neat feeling...
    good for you by the way...:happy:
  • ohmohner
    ohmohner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    yes absolutely! there is this skinny chick with the most perfect body at the gym every day. and EVERY DAY she is on the freakin stair master (the revolving stair one) for like an HOUR! and on the FAST speed!!! I seriously don't how she does it! :noway: All i do know, is that she definitely deserves the banging body that she has LOL.

anyways-- tuesday i decided I'm going to the gym and I am going to stay on that thing for 30 minutes! Now typically I can barely last for 5. I used her as my motivation/inspiration/competition LOL (I'm one of those who secretly competes with the person next to me at the gym :laugh: --what ever works right?? :wink: ) and I DID!! I lasted a whole 30 minutes alternating the crazy fast speed and a slow one. It felt great! Next time I will out last that chick :tongue:
  • MrsMills712
    Options
    That's great you guys! I'm happy for you. I know I also have some jeans that I can no longer wear without a belt, and today when I was working out in my yoga pants I decided they are too big now too because I danced half way out of them in one song, lol! (Glad I wasn't out in public) :)

And I can't wait to hear your story of outlasting that girl on the stairmaster! Keep it up! ;)
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yep, something of that nature.

I currently am doing Turbo Fire, but have done Turbo Jam in the past. Anyhooo, around August I was never able to jump in the air (tucks) as much as they do in the workouts. I would jump, just a tiny bit and be pretty tired by then, but now I can jump as high as I possibly can, as many times as there is during my workouts. I can pretty much do it all and it's a great feeling!
  • TheDash12
    Options
    Don't you just love that moment when you realize something different has happened -- and it's a good something? :)

I've been doing Zumba DVDs for quite awhile now and there is a move where they kick their knees up and wind their arm around in a big round circle at the same time, and I had never had the strength, endurance or flexibility to move along with them during that part..... until today. But I proudly did those kicks and swung my arm and was smiling big the whole time.

Have you had a similar experience?

I do those too..And I think I know what move you're talking about!

I let out tons of moans and groans when that part comes up but I try my best!

Good for you! :D
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    definitely understand, I was so pumped when i hung in there with jillian doing those 30 seconds of pushups then jumped back down there for 30more seconds of pushups although the second set I only lasted 20 seconds but I was soooo proud especially since i have the flabbiest arms you could ever think of
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!