what type of bike

Options
do you ride? i have a mountain bike with no mountains around haha, i was thinking of getting a 10 speed. do they still call them that? i dont really like the mountain bike i feel like i cant makke it go like i used to with my 10 speed is that weird am i doing something wrong?

which do you like? any suggestions?

Replies

• rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    do you ride? i have a mountain bike with no mountains around haha, i was thinking of getting a 10 speed. do they still call them that? i dont really like the mountain bike i feel like i cant makke it go like i used to with my 10 speed is that weird am i doing something wrong?

which do you like? any suggestions?
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I ride a road bike (10 speeds now have 16-24 gears). I have a second road bike for my indoor trainer, a tandem to ride with my dh and a mountain bike turned into a townie.

Road bikes come in different flavors such as touring, racing, Time trial and triathlon specfic. The type of bike you should get depends on the type of riding (distance, speed, terrain) and budget. IMHO a bike that will be ridden alot will cost about $800 new min. Bikes ridden in the tour de france can cost over $10,000!!!

Let me know if you want more info. I love cycling and will be doing RAGBRAI next week!
  • rogers8702
    Options
    thank you

i just want to get on my bike and go without so much tension i guess, my bike just seems hard to ride i dont remember that when i was younger

i need to go looking around i guess
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I ride 75-100 miles per week. I have a hybrid. My hubby also has one. He now wants a road bike.

Our bikes are Trek 7.2 FX models. His is just a larger frame. They have 24 gears. I love mine. My hubby loved his until he started riding with someone with a 3000$ bike and now he thinks he needs that. He still likes his, he just wants an upgrade. In a year, if we are still riding like we are now, then maybe I am seeing us upgrading to a road bike.

If you are really looking at riding alot then I would go to your LOCAL bike shop and talk to someone about your needs (riding and financial). They should be able to hook you up with something just right for you!!
  • rogers8702
    Options
    thank you--yes i really wanna start riding more and get my family more involved sometimes too. but mainly just for me time ya know

thanx for your help

:devil: IM GOING SHOPPING:devil:
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    My hubby got my a hybrid...FOR CHRISTMAS! looks nice, but haven't taken it for a ride yet. oops!

:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: