Mom of 6 1 month + Progress Pic

Options
I had baby # 6 at the end of April. I started logging calories and exercising September 4 and have been consistent ever since. However, I didn't take an official before picture until September 17. I have been counting calories along with alternating cardio (of my choice) and the strength training portions of P90X.

I'm 5' 1
Before Stats: 9-4-13
Weight: 133 (It was 137 for a while but I just started counting the day I started getting serious)
Waist: 30.5
Hips: 39

During Stats: 10-10-13
Weight: 122
Waist: 27
Hips: 37

I'm still a work in progress but I'm heading in the right direction one day at a time. I know how encouraged I am to see others pics so I'm sharing in hopes to give others that same encouragement:-) progress.jpg

Replies

• TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    WOW you look amazing, well done x :flowerforyou:
  • Jessiejla80
    Jessiejla80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I resized my pics like the directions said and I can't see both sides:(
  • ricomincia
    ricomincia Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Looking great keep it up! :)
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    WOOOO! good for you! Just reinforces that I have no excuses if you can do it with 6 children. Thank you for sharing
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Mom of six?! You look great in the "before" pic.! I can definitely tell the difference though. You look even better in the "after" pic.. Good for you!
  • douglasnorton
    douglasnorton Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You look great! It definitely shows how amazing you have done so far! Awesome job!
  • FT03
    FT03 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well done :wink: Keep up the good work, slow progress is good progress it doesn't happen overnight but it will happen!
    I hope to be heading into the direction your heading, Just had my son 9 months ago and started to get back into
    healthy eating and fitness round july/aug, but I felt it was going nowhere because I was thinking too much into it, that
    it will happen within a month but i had heaps to lose so it wasn't gonna happen overnight,

I started asking around for advice and had alot of support which was awesome, kept me focused.
    so reading everyone's stories is an inspiration for me, if everyone on here can do it that i know you can and I can too.

you look awesome, keep up the good work :smile:
  • Animetuc
    Options
    yes ma'am! good work indeed.
  • Jessiejla80
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The after pics are on the right but I can't see them on my phone.
  • Angila
    Angila Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! And with 6 kids well done!!!
  • dls1957
    dls1957 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    WOW. I would love to know what your exercise and diet were for the time period of a month and a week that you lost 11#. You look great and can see the difference. If you would open up your diary that would be awesome. I generally can only loose about 6 or 7# a month and would like to see what the difference is between our loggings. Thanks and keep up the good work.
  • Jessiejla80
    Options
    I saw your post asking for me to open my food diary. I've seen people be flat out mean on this board regarding people's food diary and I don't want to open my self up for any ridicule.

I can tell you though the loss is not only due to me changing my eating but I also stopped nursing right before I started and my body never lets me lose lots of weight until after I quit nursing so, I'm sure a big chunk of my loss is related to that:-)

Also, I started watching my calories on Sept. 4, eating between 1200-1500, but my "before" pic is from the 17th. On the 17th, I started eating Paleo, which is basically cutting out sugar, grains, and legumes and trying to stick to real foods, proteins, and healthy fats, fruits and veggies. Many Paleo people cut dairy also, but that's not me. I still have Splenda in my coffee which I'm sure is a big no no but hey I have to do what works for me.

Prior to me starting, I ate crap all of the time. Lots of processed food, fast food, dining out (yes even with our big family, we ate out at least 2x per week sometimes more), pastas and bread etc. The first four days of Paleo were torture! I felt like crap. My head felt dizzy and weird. I was lacking energy and just didn't feel myself. Day 5 I woke up a new person! I was filled with energy and felt great and have felt this way ever since! Before, every night around 9pm I would have insatiable cravings for food. Since changing my eating, I have yet to have a night where I'm craving anything. I eat dinner and that's it. I've had no desire for anything else.

I hope this helps clear up any questions.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Good job, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!