HELP I NEED LOW CALORIE HIGH ENERGY FOOD IDEAS!

Options
Ok so most of my workout time is in the morning (5am) and I am just getting up and have NO energy. I want to eat something that will give me enough energy to make it though a very tough 50 minute workout class and not make me feel too full. I also don't want it to be too high in calories or really the workout won't make much of a difference. I know that it is not my stamina as I am not out of breath or my heart jumping out of my chest it is a geniuine feeling of exhaustion. Anyone got any good food ideas?

Replies

• Look at my food diary and add me as a freind tonight I made salmon, with mango salsa and broc and onions on the side yum!
  • pizzy
    pizzy Posts: 47
    Options
    you want to eat complex carbs have some grain or oats. i find oatmeal is better. i get up around the same time to workout but i dont eat anything till about and 60min after i drink my protein shake, the reasen i dont eat is to keep burning more fat, if you eat in the morning your body burns through the food you ate first. but if you want energy get some complex carbs it will keep you fueled and full till your done. hope this helps
  • shannondoeh
    Options
    how do you have an open food diary?
  • pizzy
    pizzy Posts: 47
    Options
    how do you have an open food diary?

you have to go under settings, then dairy settings, and change it from private to friends or whatever
  • roseyrose2000
    roseyrose2000 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I workout at 5am and have for the past 5years. I actually had a similiar problem . I woke up at 4:30 and left at 4:45 for the gym. That didint work well , i still wasnt awake, and felt i wasnt working out hard enough. I peronsally dont like to eat that early before, the gym although people say you should. i just dont like to..
    I actually started waking up earlier at 4am, had a cup of coffee and by the time i hit the gym at 5, i was ready to go . I even do a spin class at 5am and weight class, The extra time and the coffee did it for me. I usually dont eat until about 45mins after the gym. Also, are you getting enough sleep? Are you just starting to get up at that time? Your body needs to adjust to getting up at that time.
  • Aura05
    Aura05 Posts: 2
    Options
    I make half a protein shake before my morning Spin class. Try something like Syntha 6 by BSN it is a slow releasing protein that fuels your body for a longer period of time. hope that helps.
  • heidi19961
    Options
    my trainer recommended me to have an apple or banana and pnut butter before our 5:30am boot camp training. it's fast, easy and really fills you up. i tend to get nauseated if i eat a lot before i work out.
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    if im going right to a workout I really only eat like half of a banana. Sometimes with a tiny bit of PB if Im extra hungry.
  • Snoop94
    Snoop94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Part of it could be dehydration too. Make sure you're getting enough water during class and try to drink some on the way there too.