Is it ok to eat under 1200 calories?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    MFP throws up a warning when you eat less than 1200 for a reason - been there and done that. Eat more calorie dense foods. Despite all the good advice that you have had, it really is that simple.
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    People who have gotten overweight shouldnt have 'trouble' eating 1200 calories. And no its not ok. its counterproductive. You cant tell me that you physically cannot put an extra 200-300 calories in to make your goal. that is psychological
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Lol. Just Lol!

A tablespoon of peanut butter on a piece of wholegrain toast with some spread on it is about 250-300 cals (depends on what bread/spread).

That's one piece of toast with a topping on it.

Other than that add a bit more to each meal you eat. Extra 15g of cheese on a meal is 60 cals. Small handful of nuts is something similar. You could easily add 60-100 cals to each of your three main meals and my peanut butter on toast as a snack/supper and you've eaten 600ish extra cals without really trying.

Time to end this nonsense now.

This. Exactly this.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    People who have gotten overweight shouldnt have 'trouble' eating 1200 calories. And no its not ok. its counterproductive. You cant tell me that you physically cannot put an extra 200-300 calories in to make your goal. that is psychological

And this. Go eat a candy bar or something.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    Has anyone had hard time consuming 1200 calories in a day?

If we did, why would we be on a website trying to lose weight?

This is why you're my friend. ::laugh::
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    A phooey. Old post and I fell for it.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Why the eff does a thread like this get posted every single day?

I'm thinking that because it's such a prevelently asked question, it should just be created as a permanent Topic, like the ones posted first post in each of the Topics listing the Forum Guildlines.

^^Quick back check to the Topics and I found that this HAS been done: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1069275-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

So stop. Please just stop.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Here is a thread that could be of help:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

As far as reaching your calorie goals, try to eat more calorie dense foods. There are tons of options (peanut butter, using oils to cook with, etc.).

Great info, thanks for sharing the link!
  • 1200lne
    1200lne Posts: 15
    Options
    well i just realise i miscounted my lunch salad 100 cal under..
    so I am not too behind~ 1087
    Edit: sorry I was the one who bumped up an old thread, usually other forums I go to, doesn't make such a big deal out of it, as long as I am not creating a new thread.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'd feel dizzy and weak. The reason I decided to lose weight is to feel strong and healthy so I'd say no.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    People who have gotten overweight shouldnt have 'trouble' eating 1200 calories. And no its not ok. its counterproductive.

It's not counterproductive if you can't lose weight eating above 1200. And no, I have absolutely no trouble eating more 1200.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Perfectly fine

If you a 6 year Old girl
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh anyone having a hard time ONLY consuming 1200?! My gummy vitamins alone are 15 calories and I always seem to go over no matter what kinda quinoa whole grain egg white god forsaken rabbit food I eat and I jog 3 miles a day bloody hell I am starving!!!!! Ok I'm done good luck everyone

If you're jogging 3 miles a day you need to be eating WAY more than 1200!

I read it as he/she was asking how can someone only consume 1200 and they go over they calorie goal.
  • tracybarnes1
    tracybarnes1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Before asking this question...because people are so mean about it...go to a gym and have them fully check you to see how much YOUR body burns resting, then and only then will anyone be able to help you with this question. I am very little 109lb. and 5'3.5" My body when tested only burns at rest 1,000 cal. (the nutritionist was shocked, he said he had never seen this) Therefore we are working on trying to make my body burn more. Since this is my case Your body might not burn that much and you too may have a hard time eating 1200 cal. Sorry about all the harsh comments you are probably going to get for this question. Its your body and only you will know if you are hungry!
  • Angeegail1
    Options
    I was wondering about this myself. I am a Type 1 Diabetic and am really fighting to lose every single lb. Less food intake divided through out the day seems to work better for me. MFP recommends 1320 cal a day for me, but honestly i usually only end up with about 8-900 a day. Any Type 1 Diabetics out there??
  • Thinnest_1
    Options
    Eat more + you wont feel sick anymore cause your stomach will expand
  • Thinnest_1
    Options
    Try it + find out

Crash diets can work I guess
  • karynimrie
    karynimrie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was having a hard time reaching the 1200 as well but when I ate less the scale didnt budge. I now add oatmeal or almond butter to my shakes and I am reaching my goal and last week i lost three pounds and I only have 9 more to go to reach my goal.