Anyone have the fitbit flex?

Options
I'm thinking about getting one and was wondering if you have one and if you like it. Thanks!

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Anyone???
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Tons of people do, go to the fitbit community here.

Also check out the Fitbit Force they just released, its the fancier version.

And I love mine, greatest motivational tool ever. I went from getting no steps ( I work from home and didn't work out ) and now I'm averaging 5k steps a day. Next months goal will be 6k and then so on. I have no doubts that I will be maintaining 10k+ when it's all said and done.
  • Lisa1971
    Options

Ohhhh..Didn't know there was a FB community. Thanks so much!
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It pisses me off that they keep improving the fitbit. I have a fitbit one which I love. Then I was lusting for the flex, now I want the force. I'll have to go check it out so I can fantasize about getitng one. I easily fo 10,000 steps a day and strive for 20,000+ on good days. Besides my dog, it's my bff
  • DanKocmarek
    Options
    I looked at the specs of the force and it looks like it combines the best of the one and flex. I think its definitely worth the upgrade since I haven't been able to track my stairs with the Flex.

Amazon has some pretty rich content

http://www.amazon.com/Fitbit-Force-Wireless-Activity-Wristband/dp/B00F6WRW2Q/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1381458736&sr=8-4&keywords=fitbit+force

And for my Canadian Friends

http://www.amazon.ca/Fitbit-Force-Wireless-Activity-Wristband/dp/B00FQQ579W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381458368&sr=8-1&keywords=fitbit+force
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options

And I love mine, greatest motivational tool ever. I went from getting no steps ( I work from home and didn't work out ) and now I'm averaging 5k steps a day. Next months goal will be 6k and then so on. I have no doubts that I will be maintaining 10k+ when it's all said and done.

Where do I find the Fitbit community?
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    My daughter has it and loves it. I have the Body Media armband and love it also but if I had to do it over I'd get the Fit Bit instead. It's just smaller and you can hide it under your clothes. The Body Media was pretty ugly on my arm this summer when I wore sleeveless!
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Take your BodyMedia out of the armband and just tuck in in your bra strap by your rib cage on left side under you arm. That's what I do...the readings are the same and no ugly armband staring everyone in the face. I only use my armband to sleep.
  • cyruscyrus
    Options
    i love mine!

you get a weekly progress report too, which looks like this if you are me and awesome:

RnqqXq6.png
  • BabyNurseJen
    BabyNurseJen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have a bodymedia, though I just got it about a month ago. I love it. It took it about a week to dial in the calorie burn correctly. At first it said I burned way too much. I've read a few reviews that said the fitbit overestimates steps, but I don't think that really matters very much. Getting a baseline and working to increase it is what matters.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i got my flex two weeks ago. i love it. but now the force just came out and looks awesome.
  • fitcolette
    Options
    Take your BodyMedia out of the armband and just tuck in in your bra strap by your rib cage on left side under you arm. That's what I do...the readings are the same and no ugly armband staring everyone in the face. I only use my armband to sleep.

What a great idea! I stopped using my BodyMedia over the summer because of the armband and now have the fitbit flex. Love both, but love the fitbit better only because it syncs to my phone so I can see instantly where I'm at. I think I'm going to use both and see what they each say :)
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip, it was only $42 on Amazon! I don't think the Fitbits are worth $80+ or whatever they're charging for the newer models- the zip does almost all the same functions and I think it's much easier to wear and conceal! I wear it clipped to my bra, it's tiny and it never budges even when I'm working out. I don't care about sleep or "stairs climbed" enough to spend $60 more...

I have a BodyBugg (same exact thing as BodyMedia Fit, different branding). It's been gathering dust for 2 years. I hated wearing it, it's so annoying and there were so many software bugs! (ha..ha..) and the website was so bad it was almost unuseable, and they charged per month to use the damn thing after it cost $200! No freakin' way. I've heard the BodyMedia website is better but eh....I really don't think those things are worth it. The technology is not that much more advanced than the Fitbit, frankly, and it's more cumbersome. Love my Fitbit Zip!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!
  • teresa77447
    Options
    I am thinking of getting one soon and wanted to make sure that the flex also syncs with MFP.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Yes it syncs with MFP very easily.