Wanna be my buddy?

Options
I'd really like a weight loss/fitness buddy that is somewhere near my levels and has similar goals. We don't have to be doing exactly the same thing but I feel like if I really made a connection with just one or maybe even two people that we could really help each other.
I'd like someone that wants to check in with each other every day or even every other day just so see how we are doing, feeling. Add some accountability. Did you complete your work out yesterday? If not, why?
I know everyone needs to do this on their own to be successful but I sure could use an extra push some days.

Here's a little about me if you're interested:

I'm 31 years old. Married. 3 year old son. Work full time at an office job.
5' 9" approx 180 pounds
Goal weight 140 pounds
I am trying to eat Paleo but it is a bit of a challenge due to all of the cooking involved.
Currently interested in getting started running. I have C25K app and Zombies, Run! I'm trying both out to see what I like best.
I do have a gym membership though it is difficult for me to get there.
I also have Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred that I've never found the motivation to complete. I'd like to give that another shot.
Of course you can be doing any kind of exercise you want, just telling you what I'm currently involved in.

Please feel free to message me and ask any questions.

Also, I adore my friends on here. You all are great. But I understand not everyone has time to talk every day or is at the same place I am in.

Replies

• NeIIaBeIIa
    NeIIaBeIIa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am so interested in that too, I love to read the message boards for motivation when I am down etc but it's a bit overwhelming at times, so many people... I'd also like one or two people to keep in touch with directly, I seem to plateau really often and always fall off the wagon each time of month :(

To follow your format, a bit about me!

I am 34, married with a 4yo son and 20month old daughter. Work office job.
    5'8", exactly 180 lbs (although I normally think in kilos, 82.2kg)
    Goal weight about 160, around 74-75kg. 150lbs would be great... but we'll see
    I am also a Paleo eater, but I keep it simple (salad, veges, nuts, meat and fish...don't cook much at all?).
    I am a morning person, so I walk/jog about 3miles, 4x a week at 53:30am, that is mummy-time! I try to get to yoga 1-2 times on the weekend, sometimes it happens. And I chase the kids...

I have been on MFP for a while but havent used it for a long time, just started again in Sept really. Have 3 weeks at the beach this xmas - am scared of my swimmers :smile:
  • MrsBingley
    Options
    I'm pretty darn close. Feel free to send an add, if you like.

ETA: I'm not paleo though. I like paleo food, and I try to eat a lot of it, but I will eat anything occasionally.