Any other Pastors or Ministers?

Options
I'm a pastor and last week at a pastor's dinner i was reminded the importance of what i'm doing in trying to get healthy...not just to lose weight, but to live. Far too often ministers tend to have that "dunlap" problem, which is one of the things i'm working on myself.
I was wondering if there are any other pastors or ministers on here?

be God's
bobbyd

Replies

• deelava
    Options
    My husband and I are in ministry; we have a church and a homeless shelter for men. The hours combined with the emotional strains have contributed to some really bad choices with our eating and exercising. We are trying to get back on track and get these temples restored. Be glad to support one another in our efforts. :happy:
  • ladyashley81
    ladyashley81 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently a pastor but I am in seminary right now. I feel like I need to get my body healthy not just for me, but for the Lord really. I feel like I am not taking care of what he has entrusted me with, and I need to do something about that. I am definitely praying for His help with this though!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Glad to see i'm not alone. I used to joke that i had rented out the Temple to a chinese buffet...but now it is time to reclaim it for God!! Keep up the good work!
  • revphillips
    revphillips Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just joined the site - glad to see there are other ministers here too :D
  • nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am not a pastor but my husband is :bigsmile: Which seems just as exhausting and crazy :wink: . I work with the teens and am over the childrens stuff and anything else that needs done :bigsmile: Being a pastor is no easy job- but so rewarding :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work peeps!!

God bless!
  • boomdiggy02
    Options
    I'm not a minister but am involved in music ministry in my (small) local church...thanks for starting the thread!
  • nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm not a minister but am involved in music ministry in my (small) local church...thanks for starting the thread!

How are you involved in the music? Sound guy? Singer? Instrument?

I play the guitar and sing with our worship team - love it!!!
  • boomdiggy02
    Options
    How are you involved in the music? Sound guy? Singer? Instrument?

I play the guitar and sing with our worship team - love it!!!
    I play guitar and sing (sometimes) and it is great! i love having the opportunity to serve.