Trading drinking for exercise

Options
Up until this past july my diet was simple. Drink however much you want. Eat however much you want. That all changed when I went to the doctor and found out my liver wasnt goin to take much more. I was given a choice quit drinking and lose weight or likely not see my 30th birthday. This was quite upsetting for the first couple weeks but I was losing weight (all water weight from drinking). I lost 30 pounds in the first three weeks and then leveled out at around five a week for the next few. I knew without exercise this weight loss wouldnt continue so i took up riding a bike for the first time in 15 years. Now Im up to riding over 5 hours and 70 miles a week. I also lowered my calorie intake to 1900 a day. When Istarted out I was at 320 pounds and now i weighed in at 252 today. Thats from july 17th to today. The goal is to get to 220 and im hoping to hit that in about 3 months. Its not perfect but its a good start.

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great work! You should be proud :bigsmile:

Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    GREAT WORK! Keep it up.
  • cosmicbrut
    Options
    I wish i knew how to post before and after pics but they are in my profile
  • mrkristin
    Options
    I'm happy for you. What did you Dr say? Are your test scores getting better?
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome. I quit drinking on July 4th. It was not an easy task, but one that I am very proud of. I feel much better and more focused now. Good luck on your continued journey. Feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    This is so wonderful! Way to take your life and your health in your hands :)

I wish some of my family members would see the light without having the same warning for their doc in the future!
  • cosmicbrut
    Options
    The doctor said im on the right track but to keep working. And my liver is on the mend looks Like everything is gonna work out ok but thanx for the support
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    wtg!
  • trashbird
    Options
    i trying to get off the same boat
  • plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good job quitting the drinking!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!