Are you sweet and nice or naughty with spice?

Options
Alright, we all have them from time to time. The annoying and tantilizing cravings that haunt us until we finally cave, in the hopes we can silence the little *kitten*! Maybe some of you have found the trick to stifle the urge and if so I would like to offer my sincerest congratulations however most of us will, at least once in a while, satisfy the urge with a splurge!

So tell me, what is your crime food of choice? For me, I'm sassy and salty! I can scarf down the biggest, baddest bag of chips sometimes in one sitting. When I am" in the zone" and can ward off the devil who sits on the shopping cart and tries to steer me down the chip aisle, I will usually say nay to chips( with a frown on my face of course) and I will aim for veggies and dip instead.

That is my secret, what's yours? What do you indulge in and if you can manage to not "cheat" how do you keep yourself on track?

Replies

• Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I like it all! Love chips and dips. Pizza ... Yummy. Ice cream, cakes, scones. Fast food is a real fave! The only "fattening" foods I don't like are beets and Lima beans. Everything in moderation!
  • ksnurse25
    ksnurse25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My vice is a bag of honey dijon kettle cooked chips. I can sit down with a bag and uncontrollably eat the whole bag. How do I deal with it? I don't buy the chips. I love chips and dip......oh the mouth is watering. Instead of snacking on chips, I buy baby carrots and make home made dip or use fat free ranch. I still get the crunch and sweet and salty all in the same bites, but with a fraction of the calories and plus I get essential nutrients out of the deal.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Sassy and salty over here! I love salted pumpkin seeds, Split pea soup with ham, etc
  • AzizaBell
    Options
    I like it all too - just depends on my mood of the day. I love Nacho Cheese Doritos, cheese, brownies, cookies, cookie dough, etc. It's extra hard to control cravings when anything can set them off!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have a passion for sweets. I am lucky enough to, (usually) be able to stop after a bite, so if I come across an interesting dessert, I must try it. I love a really good, chewy, (yet fully baked) cookie. I love flaky pie crust, tart lemon anything and marzipan or things flavored with almond. If something is REALLY good, I eat the whole thing and never feel guilty about it. I don't find myself in fancy restaurants or bakeries every week anymore, so it's unusual to find something that I think is, "worth it".
  • Siciliana35
    Options
    I am addicted to salty stuff...which does not help my blood pressure and the fact that I am a major water retainer =/
  • Mommymaddie
    Options
    My biggest problem isn't food; I can turn down any food with ease. I just LOVE soda!! I crave it like crazy!! I try and have 1 a week so I don't just start going crazy like I did once before. If I keep it in moderation, I can keep on track =]
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    SWEETS! I love sweet foods of all kinds! I prefer pancakes and syrup to eggs and bacon so I try to healthi-fy (is that word) my choices : ) I will have sweet potato pancakes with light syrup or I will drink chocolate Shakeology to quell my chocolate cravings. It is such a battle everyday and I have been known to pour salt or cleaner all over something so that I only eat bite or two. Wasteful yes, but good for the waistline! lol!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!! :sad: HAHAAHA WHY did I read this post?! Now, all I can think about are the tasty things you all talked about.

I try to find substitutes for the things I love. I figure that if I am going to eat like this forever, I need to have alternatives to the heavenly afore mentioned goodies. I have found Popchips and mini flavored rice cakes to be good subs for chips. I do sometimes enjoy the MINI Snickers bar (170 cals for 4) or chocolate Cheerios. Quaker also has a creme brulee and carmel corn flavor to sub for the sweets.
    I do try to keep most of this stuff to a minimum- but sometimes a girl's gotta have it! :wink: